MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I posted a pic of my new spyder the other day after getting it and wanted to post a couple more pics and some details since I’m excited about it and some of you might like to see.

The basics:

-Year = 2000
-Mileage = 58,922
-Precats = I took out last weekend (with respirator rated for asbestos. Precats were intact from car being garage kept from original owner and low miles. I checked before I bought)
-hardtop is OEM (soft top is still intact and yes I drive convertible also)

if you have any other questions or suggestions about the car let me know.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Keep it stock and enjoy it. Nice car.
Yes that is the plan. Small tech upgrades like hands free. Maybe a small rear wing.
I do have a JDM badge on the way.
But mechanically I’m not touching it. I own a few older Toyota’s all stock. And I keep them that way.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
That is a good question.... I don’t own any haha. But I want to know as well. I’ll let you know.
I have an extensive collection of cassette tapes because I'm an old fart and I like them. Last time I got a used cassette deck, it was for my previous car and it ended up eating one of my favorite tapes. So.... gotta be careful where I play these, since some of them are well over 40 years old.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Nixe looking car. I still have my OEM headunit from my first Spyder buried somewhere...the only reason I know the cassette deck worked is that I used to use it as an adapter to play mp3s before I upgraded the HU....talk about an early 2000's work-around. I think that's the last time I've touched a cassette tape.

IMHO the HU/speakers are worth upgrading, as are the headlights to post-facelift if you drive a lot at night. If you won't drive much at night I think the PFL headlights look a lot more classic in style. And of course a breastplate is a nice improvement as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts