MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My 2002 202 Spyder(Beware 56k!)

Been waiting till i thought my spyder was worthy to have it's own thread.. idk if it is, but i figured i'd share :)
I will also be using this as my build thread for my coming mods.
Current mods:
Solid poly motor mounts(Front and Back)
Ebay Short shifter
Che's Strut tower braces(front and back)
PPE Headers
PPE High flow cat
CHE Lotus style(Sounds good, did not fit well.)
BC Coilovers 5k/7k(F/R)
Konig Backbone 16x7R/15x6.5F
Falcon ZE512
Konig Flatout 15x8 +25
Nitto NT01 225/45/15
Outer Tie Rods
AEM UEGO
Clear Side Markers
Slotted and drilled rotors
EBC Yellow Break pads
Painted calipers(Red)
Top Secret Turbo kit(not installed)
Black soft top
Brass solid shifter bushings
Siemens DEKA 630cc Injectors
OBX Oil Pan
Prosport Oil Pressure and Temp guages
Apexi PFC
FC Hako
rcntype Rear Diffuser
rcntype License plate holder
Luxery Part Gauge Pod
3" Intake
FMB(Bracing)

Lowered her a little bit more!

New Shoes are on!

Got some clear side markers

Got some wheels

And tires

Took a few pictures with a fellow spyderchatter.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Nice car! My first spyder was a Black and tan. Oh and more pics of the girlfriend! (you're welcome Ag):lol::lol:

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Has your girlfriend been lowered also?:lol::lol:

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Very nice. Nice pic of you and the GF as well. Also, fix your ears (on the convertible top).

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Now,about your brother's 335i Juicebox or Cobb AP? My husband was wanting to sell his Mazdaspeed6 and get a 135i (same engine as the 335i) That n54/55 engine is amazing.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Very nice. Nice pic of you and the GF as well. Also, fix your ears (on the convertible top).
Thanks. lol The ears come and go. I have the top strap, but it doesn't like to stay connected. since i haven't been putting the top down i haven't bothered. When i get the new top i am going to attach the strap permanently(or semi) lol

Now,about your brother's 335i Juicebox or Cobb AP? My husband was wanting to sell his Mazdaspeed6 and get a 135i (same engine as the 335i) That n54/55 engine is amazing.
The car is insanely fast! incredible torque from that inline 6! i miss that about my old bimmer, but he is now replacing the clutch and fly wheel, and all four wheels... Lets just say for the price he's paying for those we could do our clutch, and flywheel at least 4 times... sh!t, throw in a trans as well. BMW's are good cars, and are made well, but personally i think they are a bit of a fashion statement for the middle class. The county i live in is one of the fastest growing counties in the US... The wealth shows just by the vehicles people drive around here. People commute to DC and Baltimore, Northern Virgina, and so on, and the roads are full of adults driving BMW's, porsches are showing up, i see an audi r8 almost every day, we have a r35 GTR in the southern end of the county, two lotus elise', and the list goes on. Kids in HS driving brand new cars their parents bought for them for their 16th birthdays, it's pathetic. The amount of Mustang's around here is nerve racking as well.. if i get next to one in the rain i get away as fast as possible because they don't know how to drive them.. Every time it rains for a few days, or there's snow there's a mustang on the side of the road in a ditch...
Anyways, to get away from my rant, the engine is amazing! it'll take a beating, and the piggyback engine management my brother has is nuts! he controls it via an interface that he controls by the buttons on his stearing wheel.. not to mention he chooses what map he wants by the location of the needle on the TACH..

Oh and my bmw knowledge base doesn't go past e28, e35 or e46's...92's im pretty much clueless. If you want one hell of a track car that's NA look at the 330i zhp i think the 2004

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
the piggyback engine management my brother has is nuts! he controls it via an interface that he controls by the buttons on his stearing wheel.. not to mention he chooses what map he wants by the location of the needle on the TACH..
Sounds like the Juicebox jb4 interface. My husband and I buy cars for performance, not fashion statements. Don't get me wrong, it must look as good as it performs, but ALL of my cars have seen a track of one form or the other. Even my kid hauling Honda Odyssey has been auto crossed and taken to the drag strip by yours truly lol!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Even my kid hauling Honda Odyssey has been auto crossed and taken to the drag strip by yours truly lol!
That, I would love to see.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
That, I would love to see.
I have vids!
Here is the link to the playlist on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLA4E5B5A0BB15E521

The Grey Odyssey was my old one with my husband at the wheel. The Blue one, I have auto crossed, but nobody recorded it. I drag raced the blue one, yes I sucked, but it was my first drag race ever. I plan on running it some more when Memphis Internationa Raceway opens in a few weeks.:) The newest vid is of my intake. It sounds so much meaner in person than it does on film. It really helped the throttle response and torque.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Haha, seeing the van lift a rear tire like a hatchback, during braking for a turn... priceless.

You and your husband either:
1) have great senses of humor
2) are way too competitive at everything
3) have a Mr. and Mrs. Smith thing going on

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Haha, seeing the van lift a rear tire like a hatchback, during braking for a turn... priceless.

You and your husband either:
1) have great senses of humor
2) are way too competitive at everything
3) have a Mr. and Mrs. Smith thing going on
1)Yes, we have fun with everything we do.
2)LOL a little. Plus its fun to shock people.
3 I don't know what you are talking about ;)

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
theres no way i would get an original.. I am looking at LP's replica. for $2000 it is feasible.. i pmed LP to see.. First thing i would do is get the hood as mine is pretty beat up.. That would be within the next few months(job dependent, as i'm switching up ATM) the rest of the kit would wait till the beginning of summer... I have other things i want first... Finishing up the suspension, etc.. Not to mention the GF will take some convincing since we're looking for a place. lol gotta save some first.

I've been looking at kits for a while, but none have really caught my eye. I like the top secret kit, but it just doesn't stand out in black for me.. the c-one is nice as well.. That's what i've been thinking, but when i came accross LP's post when going through some older threads it just popped out... Not to mention i have always envied LIVauto and spyderdan's car..

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Yes, Spyderdan's car is something to be envied. You could always do a one off like Xbiker's (formally bus driver's) but I have no clue how much that cost him to do.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts