MR2 SpyderChat banner

81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Is that run done on E85?

good numbers for sure.
Yep she’s on e85, though it’s changing to E80 at the pump soon so hopefully won’t make a lot of difference

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
The biggest numbers I have seen from the ogura sc was 243whp on pump gas from a guy in the UK with the TTE supercharged Corolla. I wouldn’t doubt that your 270whp goal on even E80 is not obtainable.

what are you running for air fuel ratio?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Can’t remember o2 readings just now

fitted some inner fender braces last week

27D0A72B-23A7-4F21-923D-AD06227458B6.jpeg A56208CA-C469-4116-A2A9-DA2F9DE9B5EE.jpeg

Reactions: WilcoMR-S

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
Just bought myself a new mr-s; fully caged, running a fuel cell and fairly standard 2zz and 5 speed plus adjustable suspension and good brakes etc. Has competed in a few hillclimbs and the like. Planning to swap all the best bits into this shell and keep the one I've been modifying up until this point as a nice streetable n/a car.

I'm intending to twin charge this track car and aiming for 250-300kw at the rears. Have also got a full widebody kit on the way, contemplating ordering fiberglass doors too.

IMG_1885.jpg IMG_1888.jpg IMG_1890.jpg IMG_1911.JPG IMG_1912.JPG

Reactions: WilcoMR-S

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just bought myself a new mr-s; fully caged, running a fuel cell and fairly standard 2zz and 5 speed plus adjustable suspension and good brakes etc. Has competed in a few hillclimbs and the like. Planning to swap all the best bits into this shell and keep the one I've been modifying up until this point as a nice streetable n/a car.

I'm intending to twin charge this track car and aiming for 250-300kw at the rears. Have also got a full widebody kit on the way, contemplating ordering fiberglass doors too.

View attachment 78244 View attachment 78245 View attachment 78246 View attachment 78247 View attachment 78248
How well has the charger held up with the reduced supercharger & increaded crank pulley combo you've used? I know there were possible concerns about pushing the ogura compressor to those speeds, have you found it reliable? Really enjoyed trawling through the content of the thread, a really nice job has been done i must say 🙂 good luck with swapping the components over to your new shell!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
Thanks, I've had a few issues with keeping the electrical connectors on the SC clutch magnet but other than that it's been fine, though it has only had a few hours run time. Will be pulling engine ready to swap over in the next week so will tidy up the loom etc then cheers

Reactions: marsrock7

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Got a bit more done on the swap this week, 2zz/5 speed is out of caged car, will start pulling SC engine out soon. Also installed a hydraulic handbrake in track one as I intend to at least 'try' drifting it and as we all know MR-S handbrakes aren't exactly good for locking the rears at speed. Also noticed my track car subframe has been notched to sit higher to keep suspension arm angles correct when lowered, kind of cool. Am planning to make mods to front control arms and steering to increase lock/angle for track use.

image2.jpeg

image3.jpeg

image4.jpeg

image5.jpeg

image6.jpeg

image14.jpeg

image17.jpeg

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #90