MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I bought this car from Empyro on this forum. I'm just going to document my build as I go along since i always forget what I do to my cars.

The car came with a 2ZZ swap from BottledFedMR2.
Thoughts: Basically a hack job. Harness was hacked up. TPS wires were not swapped. Oil pan was dented up. PFC was literally floating and not tied down.
Recommendation: No, for the price Empyro paid, you can get a swap done elsewhere properly.

2ZZ swap headers (looks like Ebay?)
Thoughts: Not the greatest. The finish is chipping and it looks...like doo doo.
Recommendation: No, go get one custom made or buy a quality piece from somewhere else.

MWR Swap Harness Patch
Thoughts: Came quick and looked well made.
Recommendations: Yes, I would recommend this to anyone.

2ZZ ECU from Celica GTS from MWR
Thoughts: Came quick and nicely packaged. ECU functioned properly.
Recommendation: Yes, I would recommend this to anyone.

Dev's Bushing Tool and Energy Suspension Bushing
Thoughts: Good functional products. Great service by Dev. There was a slight miscommunication between him and I resulting in a late shipment but other then that, the guy and the product are stellar.
Recommendation: I would recommend this to anyone.

CHE Front and Rear Under Brace
Thoughts: Product looks good. Nice finish and welds seemed good. Only issue is that the rear brace touches the stock B-Pipe. I'm not going to fix this now since I have a pipe coming from Greenstreak.
Recommendation: Front yes, rear...if you have the ability to make adjustments then maybe, if not, probably not.

Corky's Brest Plate
Thoughts: Very sturdy piece. Welds are good, looked a little sloppy but the end result is a very sturdy brace.
Recommendation: Yes, I would recommend it.
(see pic above)

Megan Racing Exhaust
Thoughts: Cheap, nice quality and nice tone. No drone at highway speeds(60-65 MPH @ 3000 RPM) Nice welds and looks like it is constructed out of very nice SS.
Recommendation: Yes, definitely.

More parts to come...
Greenstreak downpipe, Hard Dog Rollbar, Origin Lab 3D GT Wing, KW or Tein Suspension(haven't made up my mind yet), etc.

·
Registered
782 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Beatrush Diffuser
Thoughts: Nicely constructed. Though they did give me 2 of the same brackets which made install a bit difficult because I had to re drill one of the brackets to make it work.

Recommendation: Totally.

R/T Tuning Downpipe(Erik aka Greenstreak)
Thoughts: Nicely built. Nice welds. Took longer then expected to get it but it looks and fits nice.

Recommendation: If you are not pressed for time then yes.

Leather Seats

·
Registered
12,573 Posts
I'm happy to see that you liked the pipe. Thanks again for your patience as i know it took longer than you would have liked to get it in your hands.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No problem. Rasheed(his user name) PM me about how to obtain a pipe. I gave him your website but you might want to PM him on how to order.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's the photographer that makes it look so good. Joking. It's roughly $550? Don't remember the exact amount. Ask him, he posted above.

·
Registered
544 Posts
It's the photographer that makes it look so good. Joking. It's roughly $550? Don't remember the exact amount. Ask him, he posted above.
Hey is this the diffuser that was a GB the front or the rear? If so how's the quality at higher speeds say 70-80mph. Thanks

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey is this the diffuser that was a GB the front or the rear? If so how's the quality at higher speeds say 70-80mph. Thanks

It is. I just bought the rear. For me, I believe the front stock plastics are flat enough to work fine. The only thing I think the front needs is the 03 chin air dam or an aftermarket lip. I'm going the lip route.

As far as if the rear works, I feel the rear is a bit more stable at 65+ on the freeway. The rear isn't as jittery over uneven pavement as it was before. So I can only assume that there is more downforce? Or maybe less of a parachute effect. I took off the panels and drove it again and put it back on. There is a difference. Slight difference, but a difference. Be aware though, I came from a car that did not have a stock diaper.

·
Registered
544 Posts
It is. I just bought the rear. For me, I believe the front stock plastics are flat enough to work fine. The only thing I think the front needs is the 03 chin air dam or an aftermarket lip. I'm going the lip route.

As far as if the rear works, I feel the rear is a bit more stable at 65+ on the freeway. The rear isn't as jittery over uneven pavement as it was before. So I can only assume that there is more downforce? Or maybe less of a parachute effect. I took off the panels and drove it again and put it back on. There is a difference. Slight difference, but a difference. Be aware though, I came from a car that did not have a stock diaper.
If only I had some free monies but, I'm using mine as it is without the diaper too, I'm thinking lip also I wanna get Trd all round but that's gunna have to wait till April. Thanks for the input!!

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Just a quick question- did you notice any appreciable benefit with the Che rear under brace?

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just a quick question- did you notice any appreciable benefit with the Che rear under brace?
Slight difference. My car didn't come with a brace there since it was a 2000. You can feel that it's stiffer in the rear. But I think the Corky's plate was the most noticable.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If only I had some free monies but, I'm using mine as it is without the diaper too, I'm thinking lip also I wanna get Trd all round but that's gunna have to wait till April. Thanks for the input!!
Yeah anytime. I think the issue I have with no diaper is that the air is getting caught up by the rear bumper making it act like a parachute. So I personally feel that if you have to, find a used diaper. Before the car just didn't feel stable now it feels alot better.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Yeah anytime. I think the issue I have with no diaper is that the air is getting caught up by the rear bumper making it act like a parachute. So I personally feel that if you have to, find a used diaper. Before the car just didn't feel stable now it feels alot better.
Yea I kinda don't like the plastic one so if theres another sale on these ill buy one

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So the solid metal gasket rings provided by Erik didn't seal properly so I just went to Toyota and picked up some stock crush washers.

·
Registered
23,067 Posts
Thanks for the honest review on the bushings. So far it looks like they have been doing well for everyone.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts