1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
544 Posts
Good find!

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Holy mackerel, what a nice looking car...

How much? More pictures! Welcome to Spyderchat

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
That's a very odd dent I see just behind the air scoop... And what kind/size wheels are those?

·
Registered
2003 MR2 Spyder
324 Posts
Nice find, that is super low mileage. Welcome to Spyderchat. Make sure you check it over carefully for any maintenance items that need to be addressed due to age/lack of use (fluids, tires, etc). After that, enjoy all the twisty road driving.

·
Registered
2003 MR2 Spyder
324 Posts
That's a very odd dent I see just behind the air scoop... And what kind/size wheels are those?
My guess would be shopping cart or floor jack handle falling back and hitting the side of the car. Either way, a cringeworthy moment. The good thing about this car is the quarter is bolt on and can be replaced without having to weld although a PITA and that might be able to be popped out anyway.

·
Premium Member
544 Posts
The good thing about this car is the quarter is bolt on and can be replaced without having to weld although a PITA and that might be able to be popped out anyway.
I hate, hate, haaate body related stuff on cars (despite never owning a blemishless Spyder). That all of our body panels are bolt ons, is one of my absolutely favorite things about these cars.

OP, that dent may not be very difficult for a shop to pop out (I'm not a professional, and the pic doesn't tell much). Try contacting both a reputable shop and a good mobile repair place, and see what they've got to say. Actually - get to your favorite local dealership (any make), and see if they can give you an honest $.02 on who they like for body work, then make those other calls/consults.

·
Registered
2018 Subaru BRZ
13 Posts
That dent looks a prime candidate for a PDR (paintless dent repair). They're typically cheaper than body shops and as the name suggests they don't paint, just straighten the sheet metal and polish if needed.

·
Premium Member
544 Posts
That dent looks a prime candidate for a PDR (paintless dent repair). They're typically cheaper than body shops and as the name suggests they don't paint, just straighten the sheet metal and polish if needed.
Right? It's hard for me to tell, but that's kind of where I am leaning, too.

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
I agree. It’s easy to remove the intake vent piece for access to do PDR.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I saw this posted on reddit.... Having just paid what I did for mine and seeing your price I'm a little sick. This is even the color I wanted. Great find!

·
Premium Member
544 Posts
I saw this posted on reddit.... Having just paid what I did for mine and seeing your price I'm a little sick. This is even the color I wanted. Great find!
Love the one you’re with! Go for a drive, and you’ll probably soon forget about it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts