MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is my 2002 Mr2, i have done a couple small mods: tinted corner lights, tinted taillights, touch up paint on all the trim, redyed my canvas top (it was very faded), 7" touch screen, custom speaker box, next weekend im gonna paint my calibers, powder coat the rims black, get some tint all the way around,... its a working progress, let me know what you think or if you have any ideas to help her get there
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
This is my 2002 Mr2, i have done a couple small mods: tinted corner lights, tinted taillights, touch up paint on all the trim, redyed my canvas top (it was very faded), 7" touch screen, custom speaker box, next weekend im gonna paint my calibers, powder coat the rims black, get some tint all the way around,... its a working progress, let me know what you think or if you have any ideas to help her get there.
Personally, I would do the entire wheel; not just the rims.

The code for the pictures looks OK.
Check your PhotoBucket settings to see it they're public or private.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
You're gonna take some flack for those taillights.
Prepare yourself!^_^
That was going to be my first comment. Ditch those smoked lights, or clean them up. They don't look that great on a silver car, and open you up to physical and legal risk.

That said, welcome. Always glad to see another member, and for the most part your car looks pretty good. The color combo you got going on (silver, with light brown leather) was one of the first cars I looked at. I wanted it pretty bad, although the dealership wanted $14,000 for a 2002 with 100,000 miles.

If you haven't heard yet, a very fashionable thing to do is get rid of your pre-cats.
:welcome:

·
Registered
781 Posts
Great idea tinting out a safety feature. Drive the car enough and you will end up in plenty of situations where people don't see you.

In heavy rush hour traffic, or bumper to bumper traffic, taillights are the only thing that tells the person behind you to brake - bad drivers don't foresee slow traffic ahead.

Nothing personal - it just seems like a bad idea in such a small car. There is a reason very few (no one I have heard of, and I've been on this board 9 years) have done this.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Tell me what you think
Never a good idea, because most people who ask for opinions, really aren't too happy when they are given.

But....

Clean those lights ! Seriously, they look like shit. Especially on a silver car.
Get a topstrap. Or are you using the top for a spoiler-effect ?
Your pull-plate is missing.

Fix that, and you've got a nice, clean looking car.

So you played for Polk High ? Did you score four touchdowns in one game by chance ?

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
I like the car overall, and it looks like a nice clean example. I would agree with the sidemarkers cleared and losing the tail light tint (as said above, decreasing visibility to those behind you isn't a great idea).

·
Registered
782 Posts
I'm very surprised you didn't get a ticket yet for those tinted brake lights!!! Must have just put them on. Appart from that car looks nice. The dye on the top is a clever idea.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I wanted it pretty bad, although the dealership wanted $14,000 for a 2002 with 100,000 miles.
:welcome:
Must have been at a dealership in Canada. They have one in Quebec on auto trader asking price 23000$. Some dealers must make a fortune importing these and selling to uninformed buyers because the car was never sold new here.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Yup, it was on the Toyota dealership lot. The guy that owns the Mr T dealership owns a large market share of all the car dealerships in town. When one of his cars sits for more than 90 days, it's transferred to another dealership. I watched that spyder bounce around for over a year, and it only ever got down to 13,995. Come to think of it, it started higher... maybe around $16K.

Man, what I could get on here for $16K.....
03+
Hardtop...
2zz/2GR swap...
Full suspension...
:wub:

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Or even a replica Ferrari. :lol:

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Smoke tails can look good on a car, but the mr2 spyder isn't one of them. They're just too damn big/goofy and they draw in too much attention. Lower it a bit and it will look a lot better :cool:

·
Registered
23,103 Posts
The tinted tail lights make the silver Spyder look old and dirty. I think a pair of 2003 plus light would give it some character.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Welcome, and conrgats on picking up what looks to be a nice clean-slate car.

I have to jump on the anti-smoked-lense bandwagon, as well.. safety over style. Otherwise, there are plenty of people here who can offer advice on getting your car "there" as long as you let them know which direction you're trying to go - I'm guessing cosmetic and electronics from the mods already done. Either way, have fun with it.

·
Registered
7,703 Posts
You're gonna take some flack for those taillights.
Prepare yourself!^_^
I just vomited up to the back of my throat! :lol:

And newbie, why the license plate blackout? Unless it says "IMADOUCH" which we already now since your from Florida!

BTW Welcome!

1 - 20 of 59 Posts