MR2 SpyderChat banner

501 - 506 of 506 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #501
Okay so.... what do you think of painting the tweeter surround and the speaker surround the same color as the vents in the dash? Too much? Or does it add texture? I think it may offer a higher end look. If not theyll just be gloss black like door pulls.

·
Registered
8,846 Posts
Without having the same texture, it'll look wrong.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #503
Hmm, ya I agree. Maybe in the future when I have nothing else to do, I can match the style of the vents to the two speaker surrounds. But thats in the distant future

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #505
I finished up the driver door today, I think it turned out pretty nicely and I'm overjoyed to finally have most of the interior done. I had a few folks adk about fitting the upholstery in the top of the door.... not sure if I showed this before but, .... in order to get the results I wanted I cut that area completely out. I tried to keep it simple but the results were not up to par so, I went extreme. Yep, its a lot of work but the results are much nice and the upholstery and padding is much tighter.

How did I get it back in you ask... well thats a trade secret and I can't tell. I'm kidding... it was simple. Before I cut it out I made 20 small holes around the perimeter (on the back side) Once I completed the upholstery I wired it back in place with some 10lbs stainless wire.

Twist to tighten and your done. Dont get me wrong, it takes a minute but its worth the results.

Few more pics of the passenger door.

·
Registered
8,846 Posts
Looks good

501 - 506 of 506 Posts