MR2 SpyderChat banner
641 - 646 of 646 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #641 ·
Ok, I was stressing earlier but now that I'm home and the car is up close and personal... well things aren't so bad. I took a bunch of pics at different angles to show how the lights set in the car. Overall I'm happy with it, could it be better? probably, but that's beyond my pay grade. Yep they probably would look just a smidge better if I cut em apart and mounted them. But then again with the surface of the outer light being curved and not symmetrical... eh not sure that would even look that great. Im not even sure I wanna do that ... kinda beyond what I want to do at this point if I'm being honest.

Anyway.... the center of the lights is pretty near level with the inner edge dropping in just a bit. The outer edge fall off quite a bit but .. it also kinda falls in line with the body of the car.

I don't think I could have tweeked it anymore without it being completely off.

Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Green

I guess if you pick something apart long enough you're gonna find flaws. I see tons of finish work that need to be completed.
Eye Automotive lighting Hood Human body Jaw

Automotive tail & brake light White Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire

The next 4 images are straight across at different heights
Hood Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Bumper

Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tail & brake light Automotive tire

Automotive tail & brake light Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #642 ·
The Pcar works I think cause it crazy high up into the airstream when activated. If your wing also went a bit higher and was a bit more substantial in length (front to back) it could work with the width.
In the future I may build some type of overlay on the wing that extends out and contours to the shape of the tail lights ... maybe even carbon... but that's down the road a bit.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #644 · (Edited)
So you're saying there's a chance this car is almost done?
OMG I wish! More like streamlined to be completed. Honestly I've wasted a cracker jack load of time making and remaking parts (and molds) and I'm not gonna make that mistake again. I'll finish the back half of the car (the doors are already done) then I'll make molds once the design is complete. Then and only then can I focus my efforts on the front end. Six years is way to long for something like this

641 - 646 of 646 Posts