MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well to start off i'd like to introduce myself, The names Brad. im an owner of a 2000 1D0 Spyder. I be came the owner at age 17 and now 6 years later I managed not to kill myself as it was my first car hahah. I've had a few close calls and learned from them, but never crashed her. In the beginning I had the infamous 1zz rod knock because of the pre-cats. Being young I couldn't afford the 2zz/6 speed swap so I got a matrix 1zz and gutted the cats and kept it going.

now for the mods I've done. I've slowly have put a few bolt ons. being a kid and not being well off in life I did the small stuff over the years.

LT antenna
corky breast plate (best bang for your buck IMO)
celica leather seats
mwr short shifter w/ TRD ball shifter
tein springs w/ kyb shocks
I had the front colored bumper plugs but they come off a while ago
front JDM badge
steering wheel screaming chicken badge
T1819 scion HU w/ BT. installed it last October

Thats the mods as she sits as of now

so the fun part! I love this car its a blast to drive and it being my first car at age 17 and now about to be 24 I've made so many memories along the years. I'm definitely in the long haul with this car and I don't plan on getting rid it and I feel like I owe it the the Spyder to fix her up now that I'm well off and I've got the money to do so. heres a list of what I have bought over this winter.

03+ Head light
mike V adapter
Mudguards
OZ Superleggera +37 offset that I want to power coat bronze
JDM supra sidemarker
new OEM Shifter boot
03+ Side vent
used pre face lift bumper
and its getting repainted by the end of the month.

I have a few questions and would love any input these up and coming weeks.
1) my OZ wheels are+37 offset's and currently have Bridgestone Potenza tires on them 195/55/16 square set up They are Pretty worn and will be buying new rubber. I fitted them and the fronts rub. I was thinking something like, front 195/45/16 and rear 205/50/16. would this be an ok set up?
2) any experience with CL kits? I'm tempted to buy a front lip off them.
But ill post some pics of the process and such
https://i.imgur.com/UvnnJ8d.jpghttps://i.imgur.com/zSFuzoj.jpghttps://i.imgur.com/XKsDrz2.jpghttps://i.imgur.com/Qyn0gQX.jpg

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
im like a week out from getting the Spyder back from the shop so I've decided to start chasing those pesky CEL's. the codes I got are the following
P0300, P0302, P0304, P0303 pending, and p0174. I read a few posts and what I got out of them is that I should clean the MAF as that could be the simplest fix. Try a fresh set of ignition coils. and lastly a set fuel injectors. anyone have input?
I've had the codes for a while now, what I've notice was in the cold winter mornings it would feel boggy then when it would warm up it would be ok

·
Registered
20 Posts
Cleaning your Maf is a real simple job, but can make such a difference to how your car feels. Make sure you clean the two small metal wires and not just the brown glass tear shaped part. I used a cotton bud and some petrol. Cleaned up fine.

·
Registered
22,981 Posts
Its most likely not the MAF and generally cleaning the MAF will not clear codes although it is suggested.

Your codes are typical of a unmetered air making the engine see a lean condition. This can be the result of a vacuum leak so I would look for any vacuum hoses or any intake track leaks near the throttle body.

The best way to diagnose is to spray carb or intake cleaner in the area of the vacuum hoses and throttle body, if the idle raises you have a leak. To find the leak you then localize the area spraying carefully on various hoses individually. Inspect the suspected hoses for any cracks until you find the problem.

·
Registered
5,021 Posts
im like a week out from getting the Spyder back from the shop so I've decided to start chasing those pesky CEL's. the codes I got are the following
P0300, P0302, P0304, P0303 pending, and p0174. I read a few posts and what I got out of them is that I should clean the MAF as that could be the simplest fix. Try a fresh set of ignition coils. and lastly a set fuel injectors. anyone have input?
I've had the codes for a while now, what I've notice was in the cold winter mornings it would feel boggy then when it would warm up it would be ok
What rpm is your cold start? Does it have a steady high idle when cold?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
when I get it back I will definitely give a few sprays on hoses and get back to yous, thanks DEV
yes it has a steady hi idle Carl. that being said ill hold back on buying any parts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I finally got the old car back I power coded the wheels got new rubber on them and mounted the moment here’s how she looks still need to add on the super side markers and my mudflaps. I’m very pleased on the outcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I added a hardtop over the weekend. I’m so glad I pull the trigger on it now I see what the hype is about haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
I will update. Couple guys on the facebook forums have had good luck with him recently. One guy mentioned it was actually midship garage messing up the old orders.

Guess we will see. Saved all emails for paypal if it goes that way.

·
Registered
115 Posts
What is a CL lip kit?
Custom Labs Performance (referred to as CL or CLP) (russian bodykit maker, i think they're a 1 or 2 man operation)
funny though with their name that they don't make performance parts. they make body kits.
I bought some from them on Instagram through DM's. better fit than duraflex, and not bad considering the budget they were made on is pretty small. (375 for my four tra-kyoto-style fender flares)

·
Registered
340 Posts
Custom Labs Performance (referred to as CL or CLP) (russian bodykit maker, i think they're a 1 or 2 man operation)
funny though with their name that they don't make performance parts. they make body kits.
I bought some from them on Instagram through DM's. better fit than duraflex, and not bad considering the budget they were made on is pretty small. (375 for my four tra-kyoto-style fender flares)
LOL... I was thinking CL was CraigsList.... glad it's not.

Let's see what your parts look like when you get a chance.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts