MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heyy guys! glad to be joining the forum.
I'm Dror and I own a 2003 SMT silver.
I've decided i need to spice the car up a bit... I build a custom woofer box that allows you to still have a storage compartment, and I wired some LOUD speakers to it... I also wired the car with Million color remote controlled LEDs, that can move to the music. I did a few other things but those are the main ones.. Im now in the process of carbon-fibering my interior and hood, and getting new red brake calipers.. ill post pictures when im done. Ill be glad to get some responses and maybe mod ideas too..

This is the youtube video of my LED demo. reply if you like it :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWQkk1KubxU

Dror

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Welcome! I like the first couple pictures, good year and color. I'm not a big fan of the LED lighting, but that's me. I noticed the Apexi sticker on your interior, have you done any performance modifications?

:welcome:

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Welcome.

So you bought the car with existing perf. modifications and debadging?

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Brown.
White.
Boiled.
Fried.
Pilau.
Basmati.
Short grain.
Long grain.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome.

So you bought the car with existing perf. modifications and debadging?
I bought the car with no serious mods. there is an apexi muffler and a sticker but I did everything else myself in the 3 months since i got the car.. I intend to do serious performance mods too..

I just installed a carbonfiber LT antenna.. and its great that i don't have to hear that annoying whistling sound from the long antenna at high speeds, but radio reception is pretty crappy now.. any ideas?

also, I want to completely take my interior apart to wrap it in carbon fiber di-noc. does anyone know of a disassembly guide? stuff usually breaks when u just start pulling it apart... (for example, I need to know how to disconnect the actual mirror from the mirror unit so i can wrap it properly...

Thanx
and thanx for all the welcomes :)

·
Registered
782 Posts
Led

Execution is great, not a fan of LED's but you did a good job!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Carbon fiber mods

hi guys. here are some more recent mods i did to my car. Ill post more pics when i install Brembo brakes. let me know what you think...

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
I'm Dror and I own a 2003 SMT silver.
I've decided i need to rice the car up a bit... I build a custom woofer box that allows you to still have a storage compartment, and I wired some LOUD speakers to it... I also wired the car with Million color remote controlled LEDs, that can move to the music. I did a few other things but those are the main ones.. Im now in the process of carbon-fibering my interior and hood, and getting new red brake calipers..

You have taken "rice" to new levels of depravity.

ill post pictures when im done.
Please spare us the pain.

Ill be glad to get some responses and maybe mod ideas too..
I'll wager that you aren't glad to see this response.
Mod idea: Drive it over a cliff. A quick death is preferable to endless (& pointless) torture.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Oh boy- the pain. The car was so clean and nice in the first two picts... Not a fan of the LEDS or the carbon fibre tape.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i can see this forum is very conservative.... I know this is fake performance (im not sure what rice means by the way,,,). fact is I cant afford real carbon fiber... ill probably replace the hood with real carbon fiber when i do a 2zz or turbo (haven't decided yet...). but for now im saving my money,... and to be honest the reason i had to do this in the mean time is because i drive fast and i managed to get so many paint chips in the time since bought the car, i had to do something to protect the paint.... and the back fender paint was faded too... i can see why now, because it gets REALLY hot, and even the cf wrap cant handle it so ill probably remove it from there... but just for the record i thought it looked pretty good with the spider in there.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanx Joe. but after a day of having it on I can tell you its not the best Idea... the rear bumper gets so hot that the material starts to bubble... ill give it more time and hope the material hardens, but ill probably end up removing it.

But if you like the look I sugggest you paint it with high temp resistant paint. And post pictures if you do :)

1 - 20 of 45 Posts