MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently purchased my bone stock 2001 mr2 and will be posting my progress here for anybody interested. It'll be slow going but i figure why the hell not.

Here it is now wheels and springs coming soon!

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
We all have different priorities for our money, so no apologising for slow progress. You won't be judged for not having a blown 2zz swap by next week. Welcome! Seeing as you've only created your profile recently, I don't know how much pre-reading you've done. Gut your pre-cats or get a replacement header. There's a ton of info on it here, so search and read before asking. Happy driving!

·
Registered
977 Posts
nice car, quite a neat example, im sure you have read the whole precat issue so im sure you know the drill with that, enjoy your ride man!! looks just like mine lol

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks everybody. I do love the car so far its a blast to drive. I got it from an old man who kept it in his garage it whole life and just drove it to work (well so he says anyway) its in great shape.

I did read about the precats and it will be taken care of as soon as possible but thanks for the warnings anyway haha.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Love the Raiders colors, told myself I would never buy a car not silver or black. The silver and black was the only set up I wanted when I was chasing after the BMW Z3, but when I stumbled upon the spyder, even in red, the last color I said I would ever get, I knew that the mr2 was the car for me. Nice lookin spyder, treat it right but enjoy it! I sure do =]

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Love the Raiders colors, told myself I would never buy a car not silver or black. The silver and black was the only set up I wanted when I was chasing after the BMW Z3, but when I stumbled upon the spyder, even in red, the last color I said I would ever get, I knew that the mr2 was the car for me. Nice lookin spyder, treat it right but enjoy it! I sure do =]
To be honest i really wasn't very happy with the silver first but once i waxed it up and everything really started to like it and im really happy with it now. Also good chance ill be getting black wheels so bam raiders colors haha.

tmhuud
Holy cow! Is that the original top?

Great cond.
Yep it is. I need to get a strap for it though, stupid ears.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
and the headlights are like new too!
good buy.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well im good in the scratch department, my car is super clean. I wont be getting a hardtop anytime soon though they are so expensive. Worth every penny but its so many pennies

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Congratulations and welcome! I would read all the stickies and the library, and learn to use the search engine, and do some research before doing too many mods--this way you learn from others lessons and failures. There are some great member/vendors here like Che, Dev, Lord Takuban, and others who will offer top-level support and very fair pricing to members here. And you should keep an eagle eye on the Private Sales area--you may be able to pick up a lot of pre-loved parts on the low...

Happy motoring, Matt

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
WARNING: There is no point to this post other then to rant.

Over the past few days my car has developed an odd clunk on the driver side front. It's only when i go over a bump at any higher then maybe 20 mph, sometimes even less. I took everything out of the front that could rattle and checked if anything was loose. I re-tightened everything under there just to make sure. I just all bushings and connections. I cant find ANYTHING wrong. It is driving me absolutely crazy.

AND I got a bogus speeding ticket today.

·
Registered
643 Posts
had similar issue back then... checked everything also.

99.9% says the metal top hat that's part of the suspension wasn't locked in properly into the groove and/or it may have been damaged and may need replacement.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts