MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
I've never seen this swap done but I would think that intake manifold might give you some clearance issues against the firewall.

·
Registered
4,238 Posts
Does the ecu have K-pro on it? Is the K-pro flashed to handle the signal of the 05-06 trannys? And does your wiring harness match up to the sensors on the 05 trans?

I dont know much about the k24's or the signals that there transmissions use. But i do know k-pro only works on the 02-04 RSX Ecu's. And when using on the 05-06 RSX you have to convert the ECU to the 02-04 and make sure the ECU was flashed to read the signal of the 05-06 transmission. It uses a different speed sensor.

About a year or 2 ago i wrecked my 05 Type S and considered swapping it into my EG Hatch. So i put some research into swapping the motor and what all it took to make it completely work. So i had a little bit of time researching just the k-pro and transmission speed signal issues.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does the ecu have K-pro on it? Is the K-pro flashed to handle the signal of the 05-06 trannys? And does your wiring harness match up to the sensors on the 05 trans?

I dont know much about the k24's or the signals that there transmissions use. But i do know k-pro only works on the 02-04 RSX Ecu's. And when using on the 05-06 RSX you have to convert the ECU to the 02-04 and make sure the ECU was flashed to read the signal of the 05-06 transmission. It uses a different speed sensor.

About a year or 2 ago i wrecked my 05 Type S and considered swapping it into my EG Hatch. So i put some research into swapping the motor and what all it took to make it completely work. So i had a little bit of time researching just the k-pro and transmission speed signal issues.
i figure this problem out already...ill post it when it come to that part of the build..

·
Registered
682 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Everything work minus ect...gas gauge off by 2 bars...had to trim cluster cover to get it to fit but alot of open space that need to be cover

1 - 14 of 14 Posts