MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My husband only ran a 13.522. The exhaust manifold cracked so the spyder had a boost leak for all of the runs. Damn Hass manifold :(

·
Registered
971 Posts
time was good for those trap speeds. he seemed to be driving fine.... 1.79 60 ft is pretty good . when you fix the manifold just add a little support to it to the block... I never had problems with mine after that.

very nice spyder btw

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great video! i just save it! why is the car so quiet? do you have the same hass exaust system?
Thanks for the complement!
No, I removed the hass exhaust because it droned too much for my taste. It has a magna flow muffler on it now. It is far from quiet when you are close to it. I was way up in the stands recording so it didn't sound as loud.

·
Registered
745 Posts
WOO! your car sound great at distance i may get me a magna flow :lol: hope you don't mind a copy cat :), my car is just too noisy i will like more spool sound and less cops . My exhaust attract them <_<

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
WOO! your car sound great at distance i may get me a magna flow :lol: hope you don't mind a copy cat :), my car is just too noisy i will like more spool sound and less cops . My exhaust attract them <_<
imitation is the sincerest form of flattery! I love the way it sounds. You hear the turbo waaay more. A Spyder already attracts so much attention, you don't need a loud exhaust. leave those for the civics lol!!!!:lol:

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, he did it!! He hit a 12.984 last night. So, now time to fix the mani leak, get a j&s knock detector, turn up the boost, retune, and locate a LSD!

·
Registered
971 Posts
I have trd lsd for sale $600 shipped

·
Registered
971 Posts
nice driving! 1.8 60ft without lsd is really good. I use to only manage 2.0-_- I'm sure when you fix the manifold and with the lsd you'l get a low 12's ....back when I had a hass manifold I had a simple aditional support welded to it and it never cracked again

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
nice driving! 1.8 60ft without lsd is really good. I use to only manage 2.0-_- I'm sure when you fix the manifold and with the lsd you'l get a low 12's ....back when I had a hass manifold I had a simple aditional support welded to it and it never cracked again
Good info to know. :) I forwarded the pm to the hubby to see what he wants to do. What did you replace the hass mini with? Are there better options? I love the higher mounted turbo like MWR has, but I would have to replace my intercooler lines and everything for that.

·
Registered
971 Posts
the hass IC placement has worked best for us. we have tested both. I changed my little precision IC from has with a really huge one, I think it was rated for 700hp.... precision works awesome. I only lost 5-7whp after many straight runs on the dyno with basically no air helping it. we have tried different brands on our cars and precision always has given us the best results

1 - 16 of 16 Posts