MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[quote name='xbiker' date='13 April 2012 - 09:12 PM' timestamp='1334365944' post='50341']

Also found a unique Spyder badge (from a Porsche Boxster Spyder)

I think with the hard top stowed, and the top down much of the summer the stage one wing looks better than the tall Stage 2 wing. I think the car would look good with no wing at all, but I'm not getting a third engine lid. That new 6 speed looks pretty darn good too, huh?
[/quote]
////////////////////////////////////

·
Registered
782 Posts
That's a great idea with the boxster spyder emblem, wouldn't have thought a brown top on a red car would work but looks good.

·
Registered
731 Posts
One of my favorites on this site. Great work. I agree with the brown top statement. You pull it off very well (even more so than black, I would be tempted to say).

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Me three!

Picture #1 is my favorite.

·
Registered
475 Posts
One very unique spyder!

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
very nice, what rims are those? They look pretty big, 17's?
id eyeball 18s, but its lowered so my judgment of fender gap could be off

I like the spyder idea, but I myself could not put anything on the spyder from Porsche

·
Registered
95 Posts
You sir have my all time favorite Spyder. It is a work of art.

·
Registered
8,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
very nice, what rims are those? They look pretty big, 17's?
RacingHart 18s

id eyeball 18s, but its lowered so my judgment of fender gap could be off
These are the wheels that needed to be under the wide body.

i like the spyder badge. Where did u get it ?
I don't remember...but it was an ebay store that sold Porsche parts.

As a refresher...Paul Price (Bus Driver) built this car years ago. I've been the owner for two years now. Paul did the body...a custom blend of the APR wide body, a Trial nose that he widened to fit, and a stock rear bumper modified to fit the wide body. David Lea (Little Rocket) installed the top secret turbo and supporting goodies and spent many hours tuning this car to perfection. When I purchased the car it had the soft top removed so I added a very nice second hand top that fuz16 had from a part-out. I also have a second engine lid with a tall stage 2 TRD wing mounted. With the hard top the car looks amazing with the tall wing. I think it's too much with the soft top proportionally, so hence the car is in "summer trim" now. I just installed a new euro-spec 6 speed. I am not satisfied with the look of the rear trim but I'm not sure what I'm going to do about that yet. I think it needs to be finished with something to surround the exhaust tips... a subtle diffuser of some sort. I may paint the rear bumper insert area black. I've also considered trading for a black hard top, and painting the A pillar black for that two-tone look. This car is always a work in progress.

·
Registered
5,886 Posts
I am not satisfied with the look of the rear trim but I'm not sure what I'm going to do about that yet. I think it needs to be finished with something to surround the exhaust tips... a subtle diffuser of some sort..
How about something like a Brushed Stainless Pannel, about 6" tall and a little wider than the Cut Out where the Tips come through.. then mount it Inside about 9 to 12 Inches in from the Exhaust Tips at a sligle angle .. top to the Front about 15 deg ..

This would give it the "I'm Hiding Something cool" look to the Engine Area..

Cap

·
Registered
8,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
How about something like a Brushed Stainless Pannel, about 6" tall and a little wider than the Cut Out where the Tips come through.. then mount it Inside about 9 to 12 Inches in from the Exhaust Tips at a sligle angle .. top to the Front about 15 deg ..

This would give it the "I'm Hiding Something cool" look to the Engine Area..

Cap
Cap, I like your idea. Are you good at photoshop?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts