MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the car since last November and I had been collecting parts , im exited to see how is going to look after i finish

Mods installed on the car so far:
-Led lighting
-face lift tail lamps with custom leds
-obx header and downpipe
-custom carbon intake (straight to the side scoop)
-titanium shift knob
-sunvisors delete caps
-trd oil cap

Pending to installed:
-front lip
-tte rear spats
-trd replica side skirts
-cusco tow hooks
-trd gas cap cover
-face lift rear bumper inserts (grill)
-trd high performance muffler
-trd rear and front strut brace
-work emotion wheels 15x7.5 et28
-jdm fender markers
-titanium lug nuts
-titanium hardware for engine valve cover

20200128_212813.jpg
20200128_211804.jpg
20200128_212841.jpg
20200128_211754.jpg

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Them wheels! Man, what's the hold up!!
No enough time off from work is one of the reasons , also I still need to order coilovers,tires and send the lip kit to get it painted, also in still waiting for some parts from japan to get everything painted at once, I want to make a full conversion for a before and after video 😁🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
5 Posts
I bought them from a friend, he was building a miata but part it out and sold everything so bought the wheels from him
Cool...Checked the website....They no longer sell them.(You got a steal!!!!) Don't ever give them up. You said in an earlier post you ran your intake up to the side vent (Amazing!!!...as after market CAI's destroy the low end torqe of the 1ZZ. I have weight reduced(5lb battery among other things...only internal things like-springs, mounts ,cams ,wheels or where ever I could take it off[and change to lightweight parts] but not changing the car aesthetically ) . When or if you ever have time ...post how you did your side vent intake mod.This is something i would like to do.
MY MR2.jpg
We all have lives...so whenever--CHEERS

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool...Checked the website....They no longer sell them.(You got a steal!!!!) Don't ever give them up. You said in an earlier post you ran your intake up to the side vent (Amazing!!!...as after market CAI's destroy the low end torqe of the 1ZZ. I have weight reduced(5lb battery among other things...only internal things like-springs, mounts ,cams ,wheels or where ever I could take it off[and change to lightweight parts] but not changing the car aesthetically ) . When or if you ever have time ...post how you did your side vent intake mod.This is something i would like to do. View attachment 75286 We all have lives...so whenever--CHEERS
Your car looks amazing , clean and nice! I will upload a video to YouTube doing a walkaround and talking about each mod whenever im done to it. The intake was easy ,I replace the battery with a ek honda optima battery to create space for the intake route,I used a sealed perfomance filter like in the picture below , the flexible hose is conected to the side scoop with a custom made adapter, believe me it sucks only cold air
61RtPE3mrWL._SY355_.jpg
20191228_142712.jpg
Screenshot_20200129-220644_Photos.jpg

·
Registered
546 Posts
@Geralrodzlife
I was looking at a filter style similar to that, or trying to do it on the cheap by modding a Ford intake of the same style to work with the MR2. My biggest concern with the filter kit like you have is not being able to find replacement filters. Not much data available on what filter goes in those when I was looking. Glad to see it fits well thou.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The one that i have its possible to be wash so i have no problem, but you can also try with a factory intake box, that way you can replace the filter with no issues and have the enclosure for the filter.

·
Registered
5 Posts
@Geralrodzlife
I was looking at a filter style similar to that, or trying to do it on the cheap by modding a Ford intake of the same style to work with the MR2. My biggest concern with the filter kit like you have is not being able to find replacement filters. Not much data available on what filter goes in those when I was looking. Glad to see it fits well thou.
Thanks bro... that's a pic I took over a year ago.... looks even better now. But I gotta say that's a Great mod!!!!...the flexible hose.....that really opens up some possibilities.I took my monkeywrench racing CAI and went back to stock. But now I know exactly what to do!!! Cant see what else you've put together. Thanks for the input and keep spydering.!!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Your car looks amazing , clean and nice! I will upload a video to YouTube doing a walkaround and talking about each mod whenever im done to it. The intake was easy ,I replace the battery with a ek honda optima battery to create space for the intake route,I used a sealed perfomance filter like in the picture below , the flexible hose is conected to the side scoop with a custom made adapter, believe me it sucks only cold air
View attachment 75287 View attachment 75288 View attachment 75289
Great HEADERS!!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Nice collection of parts! Curious to see how those tow hooks get mounted. I need to put some on my car as well - and those look nice and beefy!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Really nice parts, I notice you are in Puto Rico and have a RHD front stut brace, do you have a RHD car? If you have a LHD car it wont fit. If you want to swap I bought a TRD front brace for a LHD by accident and it wont fit my car, I am in Ireland so let me know.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Really nice parts, I notice you are in Puto Rico and have a RHD front stut brace, do you have a RHD car? If you have a LHD car it wont fit. If you want to swap I bought a TRD front brace for a LHD by accident and it wont fit my car, I am in Ireland so let me know.
I just realized about that, ill let u know seems fair trade for both of us hehe

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
More parts arrived today !
-Oem color key headlamp eyelids
-Jdm nihon giken rainbow oem foglamps for 2001, with oem harness
-steering console on carbon finish, optional from the dealership (rare to find)
-dump titanium exhaust tip (this will be replacing the obnoxious big trd muffler tip) i mean i dont like how it look and i even tried to give it my in touch with a torch...see the pic for what im meaning.

20200211_135858.jpg
20200211_135959.jpg
20200211_140014.jpg

1 - 17 of 17 Posts