Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Why would this interest you, its made by "them"

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I guess "them" have been making Spyders a lot longer than I realized. According to the ad, it fits year models from 200-2004.

Why are parts so hard to find? They've been making our cars for 1804 years! :lol:

·
Registered
7,192 Posts
Wondering the same thing, but apparently there are no takers (on SC at least). Looks a bit like that custom exhaust that sounded so good that has a youtube video somewhere out there. Dual tips are tempting me again.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
It's the same as the CarsonTuned it looks like. IIRC, minimal power gains, sort of heavy, but sounds very good and not too loud.

·
Registered
89 Posts
OK, I have a totally STUPID question, so please again just bear with me - - after all, only by asking do we really learn! LOL.....

My question is this - - according to this ad on eBay that the link points to, this exhaust is rated at 95dB.... and when you research 95dB, they say that is the equivalent of a running jackhammer at only 50 feet. I am getting my car lowered for my birthday in May, but later I do want to look at a nice exhaust system. Is one this loud really commonplace? The Spyders that I have seen on YouTube with performance exhaust all seemed to have such a nice tone.... Also, how legal are these? I think there may be an ordinance in my state against having non-stock exhaust systems, or "non-factory equipped that are excessively loud" - yet, I still want one LOL....

OH - and I think someone may have mentioned before that we try and support our Spyderchat community, so who could I PM about buying lowering springs, rather than supporting my local douchebag shop LOL...

Thanks in advance for the answers! I appreciate it,

Mike

·
Registered
7,698 Posts
OK, I have a totally STUPID question, so please again just bear with me - - after all, only by asking do we really learn! LOL.....

My question is this - - according to this ad on eBay that the link points to, this exhaust is rated at 95dB.... and when you research 95dB, they say that is the equivalent of a running jackhammer at only 50 feet. I am getting my car lowered for my birthday in May, but later I do want to look at a nice exhaust system. Is one this loud really commonplace? The Spyders that I have seen on YouTube with performance exhaust all seemed to have such a nice tone.... Also, how legal are these? I think there may be an ordinance in my state against having non-stock exhaust systems, or "non-factory equipped that are excessively loud" - yet, I still want one LOL....

OH - and I think someone may have mentioned before that we try and support our Spyderchat community, so who could I PM about buying lowering springs, rather than supporting my local douchebag shop LOL...

Thanks in advance for the answers! I appreciate it,

Mike
Also, how legal are these?
You live in Arkansas and you worry about legal! Hell, half of you folks think the world is 10,000 years old and flat! You can marry your cousin and you worry about legal exhaust. Just tell the cops that it is an Espresso machine. :lol:

·
Registered
89 Posts
You live in Arkansas and you worry about legal! Hell, half of you folks think the world is 10,000 years old and flat! You can marry your cousin and you worry about legal exhaust. Just tell the cops that it is an Espresso machine. :lol:
LOLLL!!! That's actually hilarious! No, I'm not from here. I have only been here for 3 years.... I'm 46 years old, and I am from Los Angeles (born-and-raised California boy here). Talk about a culture shock!

Luckily, I live in a really nice area, and we DO have Starbucks, so there is always hope!

LOL LOL

Mike

·
Registered
268 Posts
LOLLL!!! That's actually hilarious! No, I'm not from here. I have only been here for 3 years.... I'm 46 years old, and I am from Los Angeles (born-and-raised California boy here). Talk about a culture shock!

Luckily, I live in a really nice area, and we DO have Starbucks, so there is always hope!

LOL LOL

Mike

You are correct, Hope is just south of you and President William Jefferson Clinton Birthplace. :peace:

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
Why would anyone buy this unknown item, when TM goes for same money and is proven to be good?
That is a copy of the Carson Tuned exhaust.I think it was a dealer installed exhaust.I bet it sounds real nice.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I posted this exhaust a little bit ago, but no one chimed in. I guess it was because it had been in the wrong place (I posted in the "Private Sale" forum).

http://spyderchat.com/forums/showth...-Steel-Dual-Exhaust-***Not-Mine****&highlight=

It appears to be an exact copy of the CarsonTuned exhaust and claims to be made in Japan as well. I wouldn't be surprised that it is made by the same people that made the CarsonTuned exhaust for Carson Toyota; if that's the case, I would reckon that it'll sound real nice.

·
Registered
7,192 Posts
Precisely. Some of us would like to have a unique exhaust that sounds nice instead of the tried, true, and ubiquitous TM. However, I definitely need a new top before I even think about touching another exhaust. It sure looks pretty, though, and probably runs a tad quieter than the TM, which stands as a plus for those that dislike the drone of the TM, IMHO.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
However, I definitely need a new top before I even think about touching another exhaust.
New top is easy. Get one off ebay and put it on yourself. If you can remove an entire interior and put it back in then you can swap a top.

·
Registered
8,382 Posts
IMO the TM is not a great exhaust. Even the Chi exhausts have better welds than the TM and have a better warranty. The TM also doesn't really look very good and drones in the mid range.

I have used several aftermarket exhausts on the spyder and the TM was below average.

·
Registered
10,033 Posts
IMO the TM is not a great exhaust. Even the Chi exhausts have better welds than the TM and have a better warranty. The TM also doesn't really look very good and drones in the mid range.

I have used several aftermarket exhausts on the spyder and the TM was below average.
I couldn't disagree more.

I'm sure these My Tuned exhausts are manufactured by the same people who did the Carson Tuned....they look identical. I've never hard one, but supposedly they sound good. I did a search a while back and I think some of them had fitment issues...can't really recall. I'd still buy a Team Moon over that one though.....TM is both lighter and cheaper.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts