MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Attached is a photo of three items I found while clearing debris from the top end of the water drains behind the seats. The identical cloth pieces were found, one on each side near the drain covers, lying loose. The plastic piece was found on the passenger side. It has markings on it:
PC - GF <

I also found an old cap from Heavenly ski resort and a pair of dark glasses. I was able to figure out what those were.

Prizes include a belly laugh for the funniest response and a big thank you for the most accurate. Decisions of the judges are final. Entries must be submitted within one month of this post

55525891-E304-47D3-8AC5-7E0D775B2A6A.jpeg

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
The original vinyl top has two cloth reinforcements on the inside about 2/3 the way up the rear glass. They are round on one end and square on the end that abuts the rear glass. My car is 19 years old and the reinforcements have not fallen off. Maybe yours have.

I have no idea what that other thing in your picture is.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your response. The cloth reinforcements sounds very likely. One side of them seems like they may have been sticky at one time. I’ll check my car and see what that area looks like. That other plastic piece may have ended up in there the same way as the cap and dark glasses. Maybe someone else can weigh in.

You may have gotten two out of three points for accuracy. Zero for funny. ;) Probably zero for me too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts