1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
To the Australian ones? If so, I am...

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'm at the airport, right now, about to fly back. I picked up a ride in an STX Mazda RX8, which I've never even sat in before, so I have no expectations...except for seeing friends from around the country and having fun! :D

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm at the airport, right now, about to fly back. I picked up a ride in an STX Mazda RX8, which I've never even sat in before, so I have no expectations...except for seeing friends from around the country and having fun! :D
Goodluck! I got to drive them at Mazda Rev it Up. Very fun cars!

·
Registered
870 Posts
SCCA nationals, although I'm curious what the ones you attend in Australia are...

Not too sure if its anlything like your Nationals, but we are having our MR2 Nationals, with all the AW11, SW20 & ZZW30 owners over a four day long weekend..

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
STR ran east course today. S2000 domination that's for sure. Glad to see a few Solstices in there to mix it up. I'll wait for Andres report. They run again West course tomorrow. There's a spyder that is capable of getting a trophy spot but I don't know who he is.

Here's xhead's west course
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMzOpzy1j4U

·
Registered
5,629 Posts
Very Good Andres.. So far you have made good choices with your car.. Except for that Lack of Oil Issue :) .. but we won't mention that..

Looking foreward the the Results..

Cap

·
Registered
758 Posts
good showing guys! I was following on sololive.scca.com

what were the conditions both days - i guess dry, but what kind of temperatures?

no troubles getting the hankooks up to temperature? and how did they work with with all the opr on the track?

any video that you will be posting?

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Very Good Andres.. So far you have made good choices with your car.. Except for that Lack of Oil Issue :) .. but we won't mention that..

Looking foreward the the Results..

Cap
Thanks for nothing ;) . Cap, seriously I could have not make it without or Blitzo's help.

Awesome week, more today, My co-drive put down the fastest time by almost 2 seconds, but barely brushed a cone ( he's not doing too well because of it--first Nationals-)... is ok we show them that is possible even with a handicaped car. He took 18th one out of trophies. I sucked , but promise to keep working on it.

You should have seen everybody's faces when he crossed the line with the 68.88.. !!!!

The car needs one thing to finish up the lob with the S2000, : tuning improvement and Rev limiter increase , but we all know that.

So who's joining me in the battle for next year victory?

Andres

·
Registered
92 Posts
Andres, it was good meeting you at Lincoln. Your positive attitude and energy is what it will take to keep pushing the development of the MR2 Spyder in STR!

Mike Wood
#99 STX RX8 (first, and last, six laps in the car at Nationals!) :lol:

·
Registered
169 Posts
I drove F-mod and broke the car, but I have an 02 Spyder in the garage. It was nice to see someone giving it a shot in STR, but it looks like it will be hard to beat the S2000s and the new miatas. Two pictures from the west course. If you want full size files, e-mail me at racerbill38 at yahoo dot com
Bill Crawford

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I drove F-mod and broke the car, but I have an 02 Spyder in the garage. It was nice to see someone giving it a shot in STR, but it looks like it will be hard to beat the S2000s and the new miatas. Two pictures from the west course. If you want full size files, e-mail me at racerbill38 at yahoo dot com
Bill Crawford

Awesome pictures !! I definetly will email you about them.

there is not chance to beat the s2000 's on open courses with out an increase of power and higher rpms. Ecu tuning or the allowance of piggy backs and stand alones will change the story.

On a tighter courses it was a different story.

Just have to wait what the changes on the rules are. At least they know now the Spyders have a chance . We scared the poopy out of those S2000's on Friday

Big thanks to Cap, Blitzo, Vatic, and others that helped making this a reality

Andres

·
Registered
5,629 Posts
We'll stand behind the Scene, and push you into Battle.. :)

Glad it all worked out.. the Angles were Smiling on you for this trip..

I think it'll take more than a 20 Minute Scrub to get your Fingernails clean after this Trip..

Cap

1 - 16 of 16 Posts