MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I have an 02 spyder and was wanting to do a 2zz swap with a 6 speed.I may have found both the engine and transmission I need and I have been looking at some forums for the extra parts I need, but I'm pretty much a complete noob to working on cars in any way so me doing it is pretty much out of the question. I was hoping someone knew a place to get something like this done around the southeast preferably south TN or north GA.

tl;dr Need to know if anyone knows of a shop around south TN or north GA that can do a 2zz swap for me

Thanks for your time guys I hope someone can help

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Hey I have an 02 spyder and was wanting to do a 2zz swap with a 6 speed.I may have found both the engine and transmission I need and I have been looking at some forums for the extra parts I need, but I'm pretty much a complete noob to working on cars in any way so me doing it is pretty much out of the question. I was hoping someone knew a place to get something like this done around the southeast preferably south TN or north GA.

tl;dr Need to know if anyone knows of a shop around south TN or north GA that can do a 2zz swap for me

Thanks for your time guys I hope someone can help
Richard (Sonar) is from TN as well. We finished his swap and shipped his car back this week.

Relevant Thread: http://www.ddperformanceresearch.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=82

We are a little farther away, but well worth the trip.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
By any chance do you remember how much the shipping was? I have already thought about shipping it out but then thats just extra money. And also how much was the swap? (parts included)
You want us to supply ALL parts including engine and trans or just the swap stuff?

What power goal do you have?

Sonar arranged his own shipping - you can ask him what it cost, I'm not sure. You only need to ship one way though. You can just fly down and drive it home.

·
Registered
8,707 Posts

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
I recently priced shipping. Current price is $1200 open trailer, and $1800 enclosed trailer to go coast to coast. Avoid shippers that are "brokers". They just bid the haul out to other companies. I liked "horseless carriage" and "gran turismo". (in TN I believe) They have their own trucks and drivers.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I recently priced shipping. Current price is $1200 open trailer, and $1800 enclosed trailer to go coast to coast. Avoid shippers that are "brokers". They just bid the haul out to other companies. I liked "horseless carriage" and "gran turismo". (in TN I believe) They have their own trucks and drivers.
DAS (Dependable auto shippers) is also a good company that I have used before.

We also offer towing services as well in our enclosed 24ft car hauler, but it is pretty expensive unless you live close by. $40 for the first 10 miles and then $2.00 / mile after that. This is a point to point charge (travel to you is included in the price so mileage is calculated as just the time that the car is in the trailer). If the trip requires overnight stays additional reasonable charges to cover that expense may apply.

Its not cheap, but it covers gas, maintenance on truck and trailer, and some money for the driver. The Tundra sucks down gas at close to 8 MPG when towing the trailer loaded, so it adds up quick!

·
Registered
2003 Toyota MR2 Spyder 2.0L Stroker
4,206 Posts
I've got a few quotes and the avg seems to be around 750 to Texas from Florida. Cant see it being more. I once had my car shipped from NY to FL and I paid about 700. I'm going to have D&D do my tuning and a few items while its there, but I decided to rent a Uhaul auto transporter which should cut that bill in half including my gas round trip.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.