MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a way to mount an MR2 badge (separate sticky letters) to a grill. I need a flat piece of plastic or preferably metal approx 4"X1.5"Xthin with no raised surfaces (screw heads) to affix the badge to. It needs to have smallish threaded studs and nuts on the back to secure the thing to the backside of a plastic grill. I've been looking for a few months and haven't come up with anything. It can be sourced anywhere...it just needs to resist a lot of heat (metal) and do the job. Anyone in the braintrust know where to find such a thing?

Finding a shop to make it is not on the table....unless someone is offering...

·
Registered
8,707 Posts
I think Tecaholic did what you are describing. Give Dale a shout.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Yeah, I made one out of metal, and just welded the studs on the back to mount it. Find the metal that you want, and the studs, and get someone to weld them on to it for you. I don't know of anywhere that you can buy what you need. It wasn't difficult to make.

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
Hi if your just wanting to mount them to the grill on the Spyder, I just used black hi temp RTV. Been there for over a year and has not come off or my other idea was to use some clips from a used air freshner and RTV.

·
Registered
782 Posts

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Interesting.

Plastic?

The metal that I used is sized and shaped to match the contours of the phony plastic expanded metal that it's mounted on.

Try mounting one of these where you would like it, and see if it blends in okay before you continue.

If you like how it looks, continue, if not, toss it. :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts