MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the heat shield from a SC member (http://spyderchat.com/forums/showth...ated-Black-High-Temp-Stock-Engine-Heat-Sheild) but the screws I got for it from the Toyota dealer are the wrong size: they are too small! Since I bought them last year and I don't go to that dealer, it's not worth for me to drive there and complain (I'll pay more in gas than what they cost). Does anybody have the part number and where to order them? The bottom ones might be shorter than the top ones.

Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
731 Posts
Hope this is what you are looking for . . . Toyota should be your best bet, just make sure they order the right parts for you this time.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks a lot! I just ordered the correct bolts from the diagram above What pisses me off is that the dealer ordered all 4 the same wrong ones when it clearly states in the diagram that they are different top from bottom...

·
Registered
770 Posts
Thanks a lot! I just ordered the correct bolts from the diagram above What pisses me off is that the dealer ordered all 4 the same wrong ones when it clearly states in the diagram that they are different top from bottom...
As much as we would like to think that the Toyota Dealership has hired a competent parts clerk, it is not always the case. It is always best to check the parts list offered here in the library first.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Didn't someone do a thread on replacing those with stainless steel versions? They standard ones look like crap after a couple years.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I'll try to find the link, but I ran across some engine dress-up kits somewhere and I believe these were part of one of them.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
and you guys are just telling me this after I spend $$ on those crappy ones? :)

If you find the thread please post the link to it. I find it quite embarrasing to open the engine lid and seeing rusted parts... Like having an ugly scar on a pretty face.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Here you go...

Done that myself plenty of times, and I highly recommend it. I also recommend running a tap through the screw holes just to clean them up a bit, and then using just a tiny dab of high temp copper grease when installing the bolts. Think of it as full coverage insurance against cross threading and seized/broken bolts.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts