MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

I purchased a hardtop recently that has a failing clear coat and would like to get it resprayed. I've been having trouble finding a place that is willing to do the work locally as most of these paint shops either don't want the hassle or are too busy with insurance work. I've been reading through thread after thread trying to get as much info as I can about getting this repainted. The only real thread I came across that actually referenced a shop was very helpful (Got my hard top painted)... I contacted Bryan and he was very informative about the process. My only real apprehension was that they only did a partial disassembly of the top and did not remove the rear glass to do the respray. That being said, he is definitely on my list of choices considering how that top turned out. I'm looking for other paint shops to contact where hardtop owners have been successful getting a respray done. I don't mind driving out of the state but would prefer a location in the midwest or east coast (I'm in Louisville KY).

Thank you for any and all help!

·
Registered
750 Posts
I can’t imagine a place removing the glass for a respray. Once you get that particular (which I totally understand) you have to be willing to pay a premium for a place to do the extra work & agree on that upfront or simp,y do the disassembly/reassembly yourself. I don’t know anything about KY, but looking up custom hot rod or restoration type shops may help find someplace that’ll paint it (and have the tools/know how to completely disassemble if that’s something that you really want).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts