MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says I (somewhat) recently bought a silver 2000 spyder and the fuel door latch is totally missing and it seems the cable needs to be replaced too. I saw some write-ups regarding the engine cover latch but nothing on the fuel door. Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
I can tell you more or less where to start. I haven't done the door latch but you'll more or less have to remove the drivers seat for easy access to the where the fuel door cable should run. Remove the drivers side sill trim. Raise the rug. It should give you an idea. I'll probably be running a new cable for the engine release and I briefly took a look.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Take off your rear fender (theres a writeup around here i think by bus driver, I couldnt find it)

And

http://www.villagetoyotaparts.com/showAssembly.aspx?ukey_assembly=345814&ukey_make=1021&ukey_model=14417&modelYear=2002&ukey_category=19376&ukey_driveLine=0&ukey_TrimLevel=0&ukey_modelRange=0&searchString=fuel

Take a look at these diagrams and just order every part that you are missing.

There are a few spyder 'part out' threads in the for sale section, they also should be able to supply you with the parts you need.

I am hoping you wont need to replace the cable at all, but we will see what happens

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the starting help, I guess I'll see if I can get the pieces from anyone doing a part out before I order online. Unfortunately it looks like I will have to run a new cable because when I pull the release the cable doesn't respond in any way. For now velcro is my friend. And if you think thats bad, just wait till you see my frunk gap ^_^
My only worry is running the cable. When I get a new cable & latch I'll try starting at the front and following the cable back. It's going to be a couple of weeks until I can get to it so in the mean time I'll keep my eyes out for any existing write up

1 - 5 of 5 Posts