MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm honestly just looking for OEM. Nothing aftermarket, since sizing can be an issue. Are junkyards basically my best bet?
I don't really want to put Celica seats since I'm not sure if those will pop in and be easy to screw in like the OEM seats
I would consider after market only if they were guaranteed to just be screwed in and that's it

·
Registered
2002, Turbo, 2ZZGE
1,985 Posts
I have drivers side and passenger seat cushions in the FS section right now. They are in great shape. Make me an offer and then bolt them in!

·
Registered
70 Posts
I do not know where you are located but I have a set of OEM leather cushions for an 00 - 02 and I am located in Rhode Island.
These are the pictures for the drivers side. The passenger side I have at a different location but its in even better condition than the drivers seat. It will come with all the plastics as well. I will say that because I used the rails you will need to reuse the rails from your existing seat. Which is the same process as installing Celica seats in your car. Its not horribly difficult but its a pain in the ass and no where as easy as just bolting in a set with rails.

Glove Luggage and bags Bag Outdoor shoe Personal protective equipment

Automotive tire Comfort Sleeve Synthetic rubber Grey

·
Registered
2002, Turbo, 2ZZGE
1,985 Posts
Sorta unrelated but is it just me or are the seats that come in the MR2 the most uncomfortable seats ever created. With both the cloth and leather seats my back would cramp after 30 minutes.
I can tell you that non padded race seats are more comfortable. However, the OE seats are very easy to get in and out of. I think that was what they were after when designing them.

·
Registered
2003 Spyder, 5 speed
10 Posts
If you change your mind on OEM, I suggest Custom Leather Seat Upholstery -

I got both seats for my ‘02 MR2 in a really nice tan, with shift boot and steering wheel wrap to match. Comes with the perforated oval door panels. Local upholstery guy removed the factory leather, installed the new leather for $200. All fit nice and tight. Upholstery guy said the kit was very nice quality and well sewn together.
I sewed the steering wheel cover on myself, in about an hour. Their website has a good tutorial video for this. They also have video if you want to swap the leather on seats yourself, but that’s best left to pros in my opinion.

Current price for all black leather is $779 + shipping. Less if you want vinyl.

·
Registered
70 Posts
How would the cushions work? Is it easy to take off the original cushions?

I found this: 2x Original Seat LEATHER TOYOTA MR2 | eBay

But they look kinda funny
Those seats are for a 2nd Gen MR2 not a 3rd Gen.

To install cushions it is the same process that you need to go through to install Celica seats.

• Remove the seats from the car
  • Remove the plastics from the seats (handles and such)
  • Remove the rails from the old seats
  • Install the rails on the new seats (this is difficult because it is hard to align the recline portion)
  • Install the old plastics on the new seats (in my case it will come with the plastics)
  • Install the seats in the car

It took me 3 hours to do 1 seat the first time I did it. I still haven't done the passenger seat yet.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm honestly just looking for OEM. Nothing aftermarket, since sizing can be an issue. Are junkyards basically my best bet?
I don't really want to put Celica seats since I'm not sure if those will pop in and be easy to screw in like the OEM seats
I would consider after market only if they were guaranteed to just be screwed in and that's it
TRY SOME LEATHER PERFORATED CUSTOM SEAT COVERS. INSTALL THEM YOURSELF OR HAVE A BODY MAN DO IT FOR YOU PROFESSIONALLY....JUST A THOUGHT.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
TRY SOME LEATHER PERFORATED CUSTOM SEAT COVERS. INSTALL THEM YOURSELF OR HAVE A BODY MAN DO IT FOR YOU PROFESSIONALLY....JUST A THOUGHT.
Your all caps is killing my eyes (ears?) but your seat covers look very nice!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

These would be ideal

1 - 20 of 20 Posts