MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all im not trying to steal my girlfriends 2001 spyder that has 200k+ miles on it and "end of life" is just around the corner for this go-kart shes in love with. I need to know if there is a temp bypass or even a permanant solution to start her car cause of lost keys. Money is tight now for both of us, and cutting/ splicing some wires to get this car back home, without expensive tow or pissing away her $ on a new key. Dosnt matter anyway she dosnt have the cash and i'm not willing to waste my dollars on a car that needs a new soft top, new catylatic converter, paint job . tires etc.. etc.. if anybody has knowledge of a bypass , and hotwire of this car please share info witrh me . It also can be temp bypass or permant solution. If i can get it home , she will then be able to decide what color handle she like on a flat head screw driver. thanks ..........and no im stealing a car, its a piece of shit anyway

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
There is no bypass. You would have to replace the ECU with one that has no immobilizer or is coded to a new key.
Cruel to be (so) kind. IMO this one is more like a bot than the other one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cool thanks rmeller for a quick non opinionated answer. To bad this site has assholes like merry fagster , anti gun liberal dick. hope your island has more active volcanoes in the near future

·
Registered
881 Posts
Two ways to go; (1) there's a guy you can ship the ECU to who will reset it where it is ready to mate to a key. (2) You can install a j-spec ECU which has no immobilizer. I have a j-spec ECU I can sell you. PM me ... I think I could arrange overnight shipping if it's urgent enough to justify that ...

·
Registered
1 Posts
C est possible;il souffie d effacer le chip et et copier sur le chip des donné sans code.cela est possible a condition que vous aillez entre temps des donnés dans votre système

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
just wondered if its possible to remove existing transponder key switch system, leave the ecu as is , buy a complete non transponder, non chipped igniton switch with set of plain already cut metal keys and be done with it . ? will it start and everything be fine? not worried about door locks at moment even thought i have key code , never gets locked anyway.

·
Registered
816 Posts
A Toyota dealer can use techstream software to program a new master key (or two) and they can also get the proper blanks and cut them and everything, even if you lost all the keys. It'll be 200 to 300 I'm guessing but will work for sure.

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
If you lost they key them how do you plan on turning the ignition?

Cheapest solution is a used 1zz ecu with key. You can use the key that comes with the ecu on the same key chain with the key that fits the ignition to start the car. Regardless you will need a key that fits the ignition.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
If you lost they key them how do you plan on turning the ignition?

Cheapest solution is a used 1zz ecu with key. You can use the key that comes with the ecu on the same key chain with the key that fits the ignition to start the car. Regardless you will need a key that fits the ignition.

how did i plan on turning on ignition? when you buy an aftermarket ignition switch , it comes with a set of cut keys. I'm just going possible soultions to "all lost keys" just seeing if changing out whole ignition switch was a possible soulution . I already had ideas that it wouldnt work cos of the 2001 model shitty design of "handshake needed between ecm and transponder" . but just needed confirmation on that.

·
Registered
81 Posts
There is a guy on eBay who advertises he can reprogram the ecu and cut 2 new keys for several Toyotas including the Spyder for $150.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts