MR2 SpyderChat banner
41 - 60 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Do you have a link to these / or do you intend to sell them, plllllllleeeeeeeeeeeease;)

I would like to get rid of the cup holder / cig plug, and maybe put my Profec B Boost controller / Scangauge in this area.

Thanks,
Paul
Sorry, I custom made that from a CF plate that I had and I have no more left. :(

·
Registered
51 Posts
Sorry, I custom made that from a CF plate that I had and I have no more left. :(
Thanks for the response, I am gutted, there really doesn't seem to be many custom 'dash' options available. I would like to mount my scangauge / profec b spec 2 but don't want to use a navpod, will have to keep looking, but your idea has given me a starting point so thanks:D

Paul

·
Registered
12,573 Posts
These were pretty popular about 3 years ago or so but unfortunately those knobs faded to a coppery color after a year or so due to heat or UV or something. These are slightly different and hopefully hold up better.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I thought that it just looked a little different in the sunlight with the top down... but mine may be changing too. Now that we've finally got a summer here on the west coast, my top is just starting to come down. :S

·
Registered
549 Posts
I will keep mine stock.

·
Registered
12,573 Posts
I think it is UV that does it to them. They aren't intended to be used in a place that sees directly UV exposure like our interiors do.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Its a shame. Is there anything that could be sprayed on them to keep them from doing that?????

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I was just reading a thread where users were applying automotive clear coat to carbon fiber pieces to prevent UV damage/yellowing. Toss up right now as to whether I clear coat, or just pre-paint in black.

41 - 60 of 75 Posts