MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered some bc coilovers. I have about 90k miles on the stock suspension so it was about time. Anyways I'm trying to prepare for the install and I'm reading that end links need to be changed when you change suspension. Any inputs.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Yeah I have 6/8 kg JIC coilovers and they definitely made the ride less harsh sway bars helped a ton as well.

·
Registered
131 Posts
BC's with stock endlinks and sways here, no problems.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Whoops, misread the thread. I thought you meant upgrading to the beefy endlinks, now that was worth it. I would only upgrade stock if they had issues.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
I was reading that people who change there suspension had to change there endlinks cause they make noise or are loose something of that manner.
It's because the the threading on the endlinks can become stripped when removed (they have to be unscrewed to install new coilovers), so we end up replacing them.

If you want beefy endlinks then now is the time to replace them, if they are fine then there is no need to replace the stock ones.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Use PB Blaster or any penetrating lube on them before you try to loosen, it helps, mine came off easily after the PB.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Strut side, then mount them on BC

·
Registered
8,601 Posts
It's harder to take them off the struts first.

For me it's been easier to take the endlinks off the swaybar then leave the other end connected to the strut. When you remove the strut take the endlinks of and install it on the BC coilovers. Then install the coilovers and connect the other end of the endlink to the swaybar.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It's harder to take them off the struts first.

For me it's been easier to take the endlinks off the swaybar then leave the other end connected to the strut. When you remove the strut take the endlinks of and install it on the BC coilovers. Then install the coilovers and connect the other end of the endlink to the swaybar.
Makes sense to me. I'll try that! Sucks I have to wait till next Tuesday for them to come in. :/

·
Registered
131 Posts
Get your car aligned as soon as you are done with the install. I drove straight to the shop, then home to set my ride height lower. Keep in mind if you lower it before you may have problems getting on the alignment rack, I brought wood ramps (homemade) with me, if I didn't it would not have cleared the rack.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.