MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys how is it going!? i'm Ryan and my 2001 spyder decided to have a bad timing and long story short im pretty sure i bent a valve. we are dropping the engine this weekend to check it out more. I will post pics and what not of anything that might be useful. I need help deciding what route to take for the new build. And this thread will be the start of my new build project!!! This is my baby and i wanted to save a little more before starting this project but hey she wants her upgrades now lol! I want a reliable build but that still can give me the holy crap i almost ____ my pants feeling! haha. Money is an issue as I work and go to school but I have a good wad of cash saved up and I just can't bare to look at her just sitting in my garage! To be honest im just torn what to do. This is my first swap or rebuild for what matter in this car but we have the knowledge and tools to do whatever. Me and my friend Brian have been waiting to crack at this project since I purchased the car!!! I have read all of Paul's and upspro post and been flaming all the forums and sites I can find. I'm pretty much a mrs fanatic, but this the first one I have owned to work on! My friend Brian has won muliple modding competitions and took state and top nationals in hs a few years back for auto. He now works at a local BMW. Time is important but we might just tread some new grounds so this will take time and i need more $$$! I will Post pics of her soon. she is pretty much stock and ill show yall my 66 mustang thats been my project since hs! Gotta appericate the muscle i love cars guys and need help with my new toy. anything helps but trolls. THANKS!

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
...money is an issue as I work and go to school ...my first swap or rebuild for what matter...Time is important ...
Short time and short money are two good reasons to not attempt any engine swaps. My recommendation would be to find a good used 1zz engine and get your car running again so you can enjoy it. My rough estimate to accomplish a V-6 swap is 3 years and $10,000, assuming you have a garage and normal hand tools.

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
I plan on keeping mine as light as possible while still comfortable. That plan makes keeping the 1zz. It makes enough power for happy daily driving and on the twisties.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
this is my project thread and i just finished school. I have ways to make money my friend. I work a ton lol. i have a couple grand as we speak maybe a lil more idk for sure. we are talking a couple months to a month depending what i do. i dont care what u have sorry mate no trolls. please keep the talk towards builds and anything useful thank you! we will either be rebuilding this engine or im leaning towards the 2gr swap.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
and yes i have read all their stuff i deff think the 2gr engine swap is possible really its just finding a good engine and parts at reasonable prices haha

·
Registered
2,575 Posts

I'm sure you're trying to do something in this thread, I just can't read long enough to care what.

·
Registered
23,103 Posts
Don't feed the toll. This is obvious troll bait with all of the cookies.

Tomago is that you.

·
Banned
415 Posts
For the record, let's set things straight.
Troll is a liar.
This guy just hasn't grown up, imo.

Regarding your "plans". Just replace your 1zz or get 2zz.

·
Super Moderator
3,303 Posts
He isn't a troll, just a 19 year old kid with big dreams. I remember being that age, hahah. I'd say spend the few hundred dollars and get the car driving with a 1zz again. Once you've accomplished that swap and you can actually drive the car, you can then decided what you want to do with it.

Don't feed the toll. This is obvious troll bait with all of the cookies.

Tomago is that you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
we are cracking into the car tonight. i will just report the comments and hopefully an admin will clean up the thread. i am 19 but this is not my first build. i just took some pics as she sits and will take more with anything that can help need to see whats up. also have some of my 66. as a treat! :) will post later tonight.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
i will just report the comments and hopefully an admin will clean up the thread. i am 19...
Wow. You managed to report your own post for "troll". Ironic much?

Ok, young man, you clearly have a few things to learn. For starters, you are not entitled to anything, much less having the right to expect that nobody states their opinion in your thread on OUR forum.

You are fighting an uphill battle expecting adults to take you seriously with this sort of attitude, not to mention your poor spelling, punctuation, and grammar.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Interesting thread. I'll sell you a 1zz. A build will kill that stash of yours.Your talking 1k just for a apexi PFC can you afford that!!! If so, go ahead and start your build

1 - 20 of 25 Posts