MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Order it Monday, received it in the mail today and installed it in about 2 hours. Even with taking off the back bumper it was still a simple install. Sounds great already and it has much better flow than the stock one. Video link: http://youtu.be/kHS0X00xOqk

·
Registered
100 Posts
I just finished installing mine this evening also. First impressions are that it is not much louder than stock, but it has a deeper tone. Also, as much as I thought the tip was too large initially, it has grown on me, and now I think it looks pretty good.

Lastly, I see that your right side hanger was shaped like mine was, mounting to the side of the hanger on the car, instead of below. This is weird, as in this position, it's not really supporting any weight of the right side of the canister. I straightened out this bend, which placed the exhaust hanger below the hanger on the car, and it now supports something.

P.S. You might want to top off your coolant.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
P.S. You might want to top off your coolant.
That would have been my next stop, but the part store was closed. I don't really want to buy coolant from walmart :confused:

I have found that when the car and the exhaust gets up to temp, it has a much deeper sound than when its colder. I'm really impressed with it so far. You mind posting some pic's of your addition?

·
Registered
754 Posts
I put the dual canister Lotus style on my 02 model the day before yesterday. Not exactly a straight forward install as it took some fab work to fit correctly.
I like the way it turned out regardless. The car sounds a bit louder at idle and going into second gear but otherwise is nice and mellow. No loud pointless noise at cruising speeds even 70mph highway speeds.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1 - 14 of 14 Posts