MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We (DD Performance Research) just finished installing our new in-ground Dynojet 424xLC2 Dyno this weekend.

There is an awesome photo journal here that shows all the major progressions in the step by step installation process.
http://www.ddperformanceresearch.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=67

Some info on the dyno:

http://dynojet.com/automotive_dyno/424xLC2_dyno/default.aspx

Linx system
http://www.dynojet.com/automotive_dyno/424Linx_dyno/default.aspx

Not only is is capable of measuring 2000 HP per roller (4000 total on AWD cars), the LINX system will allow us to test vehicles with invasive traction control or viscous center couplings as it can ensure both rollers are moving at the same speed. The massive eddy current brakes will allow us to hold almost any load we want at any RPM or wheel speed we want, as well as to simulate realistic load during high MPH acceleration. (up to 180MPH with LINX on and 200 MPH with it disconnected)

In addition to these capabilities, I also purchased the air fuel ratio module (of course) as well as the alalog input module and new OBD2 Data module that will allow us to plot the vehicle's RPM, fuel trims, ignition timing etc. on the dyno plot along with the power, torque and A/F numbers. This combination of data along with the load holding abilities of the 424xLC2 will allow unparalleled ease and thoroughness in tuning piggyback ECUs as well as full standalone systems.

have been working with Dynojet engineers since we drew up the blueprints for the foundation on the new facility to ensure that the pit was correctly engineered and sized, and as a result we will be able to offer a zero-rise drive on dyno friendly to all cars no matter how low. That means no lifts and no ramps to have to deal with.

It can handle 86" - 130" wheelbases

To put that into perspective:

1985 MR2 wheelbase - 91.3"
2001 MR2 spyder wheelbase - 96.5"
2001 Celica wheelbase - 102.4"
2013 Scion FRS wheelbase - 101.5"
2005 Sienna wheelbase - 119.3"
2001 Tundra standard cab wheelbase- 128.3"
2013 Nissan GTR wheelbase - 109.4"
2013 Nissan 370Z - 100.4"
2012 Camry wheelbase - 109.3"
E30 M3 wheelbase - 101.1"

You get the picture

Obviously larger trucks I can't dyno in 4WD mode, but most of them are only supposed to be dyno tested in 2WD mode anyhow since the 4WD systems are usually not rated for use above 50 or 60 MPH.

The rollers and eddy brakes are also bi-directional. You can test with the car facing either way on either of the rollers. (with the stipulation that the cover plates at the front aren't supposed to be driven across.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Congrats! Can't wait to see all the DDPR dyno tested products that will come out!

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Oooo and so close to home. Might I ask, who is your tuner? I'm only familiar with Secret Services here on the North side. I have no personal experience with their tuner, but we have been on their dyno and I will need dyno time when I go 12.3:1 w/ PFC. Granted this won't be til later in the year due to engagement plans :lol:

Between the dyno and the work on the intake manifold. I might be heading your way when my Christmas bonus comes in.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Both myself and Jason (Illusive) tune cars. Between us we tune PFC, Hydra, AEM EMS, Cobb Access Port, Greddy E-Manage, Split second, and we are also a dealer and tuner for Pro EFI

1 - 9 of 9 Posts