MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here's my story, i was on the freeway on tuesday for MR2tuesday meet and pretty much a big fat chunk of tire took away my front lip :mad: and now im deciding to stick with the trd lip or try this one...

or stick with my TRD replica, this is what it looks like on my car

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
What is that top one called? It looks interesting. I love the TRD lip, though I am biased. Do you have any side skirts? The top one may hang down too much if you don't.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What is that top one called? It looks interesting. I love the TRD lip, though I am biased. Do you have any side skirts? The top one may hang down too much if you don't.

The top is is a "Type W front spoiler" i have a full TRD replica lip kit... its just the front lip got trashed on the freeway :(

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Are there side skirts on the sample picture of the Type W lip on the yellow Spyder? I worry that the Type W lip might not match up with the rest of your TRD Type 1 kit.

Have you considered going to this front bumper:

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
+1 for stay the course with the TRD-style. That will look right with the rest of your kit. I am afraid if you mix and match, it might look like Poncho Villa's army:)

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are there side skirts on the sample picture of the Type W lip on the yellow Spyder? I worry that the Type W lip might not match up with the rest of your TRD Type 1 kit.

Have you considered going to this front bumper:

honestly, IMO that bumper is Fugly.... and i dont have a picture that has the type W lip with the rest of the TRD lip kit

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
The top is is a "Type W front spoiler" i have a full TRD replica lip kit... its just the front lip got trashed on the freeway :(
That's sad. :( After looking around on the internet for awhile, I have decided to vote TRD. Because I am boring and have no imagination (as I have been told on here before lol). :lol::lol: Good luck with which ever one you choose, and hopefully you won't hit anymore tire parts, or run into this fella.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Or, for under $200, you can buy adobo's full widebody kit and have it professionally painted and installed. Heck.. the Monocraft front bumper alone is worth more than that.
I wouldn't, but that's my opinion. Even painted, that body kit is fugly.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
I'd stick with the TDR replica. The one in the original post is way too low to the ground. It's not matter of if you'll tear it off but when.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Pelinors...
Another member on here installed the full kit, although paid $4k for proper fitment and paint. Might be worth a PM to see how much work went into making the kit line up.
Here's a link to the thread, with some higher resolution pics than you posted. Might help you make up your mind.
http://spyderchat.com/forums/showthread.php?47525-Body-kit-finished&p=777465&highlight=#post777465
I'm just throwing it out there. Based on some research for my own needs, I found that replacing a TRD replica lip can be expensive -- primarily due to the cost of shipping something that long (a couple of vendors told me it qualifies as "oversize" and gets shipped at a 90 lb rate).

Having the full widebody kit painted and fitted wouldn't be cheap either.. and I'll readily admit the full kit is not really my taste.. but, I think the Monocraft front bumper alone is a steal for the price he's asking for the full kit. Does anyone know if the Monocraft front bumper will line up without the rest of the kit?

Rich

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Having the full widebody kit painted and fitted wouldn't be cheap either.. and I'll readily admit the full kit is not really my taste.. but, I think the Monocraft front bumper alone is a steal for the price he's asking for the full kit. Does anyone know if the Monocraft front bumper will line up without the rest of the kit?
Nevermind.. I just noticed it lines up with the wider front fenders. Forget I mentioned it. <_<

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Pelinors...
Another member on here installed the full kit, although paid $4k for proper fitment and paint. Might be worth a PM to see how much work went into making the kit line up.
Here's a link to the thread, with some higher resolution pics than you posted. Might help you make up your mind.
http://spyderchat.com/forums/showthread.php?47525-Body-kit-finished&p=777465&highlight=#post777465
You just made up my mind.... im sticking with TRD lol

I'm just throwing it out there. Based on some research for my own needs, I found that replacing a TRD replica lip can be expensive -- primarily due to the cost of shipping something that long (a couple of vendors told me it qualifies as "oversize" and gets shipped at a 90 lb rate).

Rich
Extreme Dimension and VIS racing is both in SoCal so i can do local pick up and my friend has hook ups :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts