MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has it occur to any smt owners that a new gsa actually leaks and the local parts supplier will not give any form of warranty and are advise to get a new unit. It has been verified by them as well and it is definitely a defect on the parts sold.

Any experience of such on how do we deal with such issues otherwise it will cost me dearly in getting another GSA if there are no parts supplier that will warrant that.

Feedback will be good....cheers

·
Registered
5,010 Posts
You could try contacting the manufacturer for warranty consideration. However, the last time I tried to get any information from them, they were not helpful. It appears that Toyota wrote a very tight contract with them to make the SMT shifter parts, and LUK won't even provide a parts catalog. They just refer you to a Toyota Dealer. If all else fails, you could attempt fixing your new GSA with used parts. Can you see what's leaking? O-rings? Accumulator?

LUK
Schaeffler
Automotive Aftermarket
GmbH & Co. KG

Paul-Ehrlich-Strasse 21
63225 Langen
Germany

Tel. +49 6103 753-0
Fax +49 6103 753-295

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
will take a picture and attached here

take a picture of the leak and post it. It may be a simple as re-seating the hose connectors onto the GSA.
Thanks for the reply. I will take a picture of the location of the leak and post it here.
It leaks from the back of the actuator where the clutch line is attached to. Near to the clutch release cylinder.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
It sounds like it may be coming from one of the solenoids (one towards front of the car is shift, one towards back is select).

There is also a small hex head plug that could be leaking underneath those, some liquid thread gasket would probably work if it's coming from there.

I haven't had the pleasure of taking off the solenoid valves yet, so I have no idea if they can be resealed.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
warranty issues

Well sorry guys as I have been away for a while. I have basically spoken to the local Toyota Parts distributors and it will take 3 to 6 months for a faulty unit to come back. But the issue here is if the unit is found to be of abuse or wrongfully installed, the pump will be kept by Toyota instead of sending it back to us. That is going to be the condition. I will try to look into the hex nut again, hopefull it will fix with some thread lock in it.

There is a second incidence happen this week as one of the owner suffers the same problem as I do upon activating the pump in the car. 3 areas are found to be leak. The leaks are from the 3 sensors attached to the gsa. I will advise him accordingly on this.

Thanks Guys.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.