MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Installed my new Vis Hood and Trunk on the MR-S.

I like the Carbon-Fiber contrast but the wife likes the original color matched Hood and Trunk better.

Good thing its not her car. :2gunsfiring_v1:

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Sports car

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sports car Coupé

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Supercar Coupé

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sports car Coupé

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
LOL...

I'm getting ganged up on...

:argue:

EDIT: They haven't sold yet, so I can always swap them back and forth if I get bored...
Hang onto them. I agree with your wife, also. Not that you asked. "Happy wife, happy life."

"Happy Uncle Mush, tell him to take the bus."

·
Registered
9,894 Posts
I also like the paint. CF piece look nice though. Black mirror is a sore thumb, just stands out for no reason. Maybe a CF mirror to bring it together. Need wing or winglet as well, widebody makes it look frumpy without.

Engine lid looks like it will collect and divert massive amounts of water to your engine/bay, Id be concerned..

My .05c

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the comments everyone.

I do have a Trial wing on my painted trunk but it blocks the rearview mirror view so I removed from it the car.

I am not too worried about excess water intrusion due to the engine vents, but the enlarged vents do pull the excess engine heat out nicely.

As for a CF top, I purchased a convertible to drive with the top down, and its stored in the winter, so its not in the plan.

:icon_mrgreen:

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
I'm split , I like the cf front hood but would color match the engine lid ... if that's possible .

You might want to look at some of the ducktail spoilers , I really like mine and think it gives that little extra look .

·
Registered
70 Posts
I've been seeing a lot of carbon fiber lately! These threads are convincing me to join the CF Club where all the cool kids hang :icon_cool:

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've been seeing a lot of carbon fiber lately! These threads are convincing me to join the CF Club where all the cool kids hang :icon_cool:
LOL...

Now the only metal panels on my car are the chassis and doors.

TEQ has a slightly beat up set for sale if you are interested...

:icon_eek:

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Looks really sweet. I like it with the black carbon fiber and black top. Goes together fine. I agree you should get CF mirrors or change them to orange also. That is an authentic Monocraft?
Thanks, CF mirror covers are in the future and yes, genuine Monocraft GT-300 kit.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts