MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im running into a lot of non congruent information regarding the settings 5 tab for PowerFC tuning.

Engine and PFC are for 2zz on the stock fuel rail fed by a walbro 255 pump.

Scaling:
I understand the stock yellow tops are 310cc but I don't know at what pressure. Normally people take 310/630 = 0.492 but is the powerFC expecting to use a 310cc injector as stock? There are also higher flowing brown injectors. This is not such a big issue since the base map can compensate for any error here.

Latency:
Not Lag.

On Radium, the 630cc has a 0.055ms for latency offset. I have no clue what the PFC is using for stock injector latency times but in the event that it takes > 0.055ms and what I am suppose to enter into the box is New Latency - Old Latency, wouldn't I get a negative number?

Some info on stock 2zz injectors: http://www.williams.co.tt/s15/inj_top-en.htm

·
Registered
947 Posts
If you have all the information for Inj Lag vs BatV then put it in but if you don't then put the latency beside each injector in the right column for Injectors and leave the section just mentioned alone for an offset. It's one of those situations where you have all the information you need or not enough.

As for scaling whether you have 310cc-330cc you'll need to tune your fueling. Your fuel pump won't affect your tune much to matter unless you are forced induction.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you have all the information for Inj Lag vs BatV then put it in but if you don't then put the latency beside each injector in the right column for Injectors and leave the section just mentioned alone for an offset. It's one of those situations where you have all the information you need or not enough.

As for scaling whether you have 310cc-330cc you'll need to tune your fueling. Your fuel pump won't affect your tune much to matter unless you are forced induction.
Thanks for the response. I am running a turbo but right now and I'm struggling with tuning the idle. At idle, the engine is pulling vacuum so the turbo should have no effect other than exhaust back pressure.

After some more reading and research I actually decided to read the manual that came with the powerfc 2zz-GE:

translated:
Injection quantity of normal injector data injector, because the actual value due to the capacity of the fuel pressure and fuel pump will change,
there are times when the manufacturer published values ​​and the measured values ​​are different.

The following data is all our measured value.

normal injector injection quantity, ineffective injection time l year Settings - tel product code compatible model (commonly known name) vehicle model engine model 99.9- model "414- T007 Zeke] - GH- ZZT231- BLFVFi 2ZZ- GE de injection quantity about 349cc / min invalid injection time 0.93msec battery voltage 14V, our measured value

■ About injector correction input data (example) GH- ZZT231- BLFVF Celica 2ZZ- GE, in the case of exchange to the injector of the following specifications injector correction input data is calculated as follows:

349cc / min injection quantity (normal injector) invalid injection time 0.93msec
injection quantity 550cc / min (after change injector) invalid injection time 1.00msec injection time

correction coefficient 349 ÷ 550 = 0.6345 Enter the injection time correction coefficient 63.5%.
invalid injection time correction 1.00-0.93 = 0.07 enter +0.07 msec an invalid injection time correction (FC Commander, will be the changes in the 0.02msec units) injection time correction coefficient, is invalid injection time correction value, you must change all the cylinders. No.5, you do not need to set the No.6.

So straight from the manual (well translated...) the powerfc is thinking that the stock injectors are 349cc and that the stock latency is 0.93ms!!!

Lastly, negative values are acceptable. the formula is always new injector time - old injector time.

I hope this helps someone out there!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts