MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone just released a new set of Front Lower control arms for our cars in August:

The bump steer reduction and caster adjustment caught my eye. I just bought a set. I'll report back once everything is installed, aligned and I have a track day on them.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
I have these GTX2 arms on my MA60 Supra that sees a lot of track time with plenty of horsepower and sticky tires. They are a little fiddly to adjust but are very strong and well made. I had a bad off this year that bent the mounting ears on the subframe but the arm that side was totally undamaged.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have these GTX2 arms on my MA60 Supra that sees a lot of track time with plenty of horsepower and sticky tires. They are a little fiddly to adjust but are very strong and well made. I had a bad off this year that bent the mounting ears on the subframe but the arm that side was totally undamaged.
This is exactly the kind of testimony i was looking for. Thank you.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got the front and rear control arms, and their tie rods. I've always heard great things about this company and I'm looking forward to getting them on the car. Always good to see new companies supporting our old car :)
Please let us know how the rears look. I have full battle version rears on my car. I'm actually a little blown away that these are noticably cheaper, with more hardware(toe locks and in the case of the outer tie rods you get the inners) at what seems to be the same quality.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Does anyone know how it compares to battle version?
From a feature point of view it has bump steer reduction(the battle version does not) and i believe more adjustments for the sway bar connections.

It's also quite a bit cheaper, especially now with the 20% off black friday deal. I actually found them because i had to cancel my battle version order; they don't have any complete FLCAs right now. Battle version will also be increasing the price of the FLCAs next year so the price gap is going to get larger.

As for the quality, i know the company has been around for a while, has a good rep, and their stuff is used by people on track and in racing. I'm not giving it any endorsement til I get it in, but i wouldn't have ordered it if they had a bad rep. Failing suspension parts is a great way to have a really bad day on track.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I ordered their entire catalog (less brakes) as soon as the black friday sale was announced. They tell me they're still developing for the ZZW30 chassis and will have a few more parts this upcoming spring. I been a customer of T3 since my corolla build 15years ago, they make quality parts in house in California. I will be picking up my parts in person as soon as they're ready.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I ordered their entire catalog (less brakes) as soon as the black friday sale was announced. They tell me they're still developing for the ZZW30 chassis and will have a few more parts this upcoming spring. I been a customer of T3 since my corolla build 15years ago, they make quality parts in house in California. I will be picking up my parts in person as soon as they're ready.
I think maybe they got hip to the fact that the real Spyder money is in Europe When you realize how many of them are over there and that they actually have a UK MR2 racing series, it's nuts. They sold so few of them here compared to Europe. I have a PanicWire Link Standalone ECU in my car, one day I was speaking to the owner and he told me most of their orders come from Europe.

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
Oh wow - good catch!! Thanks very much for sharing.

I lost my whole Battle Version set with my og car, and had planned on ordering another set or two. Think I'll go window shopping now!

Gonna have to leave it at window shopping, tempting as the sale is. Got something big pending. Maybe they'll have a Christmas sale. Failing that.. Valentine's Day?? :LOL:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ordered a set for a first gen Echo/vitz. Although it might take a while to ship over to Australia. T3 are good with customisation. I asked them to swap the end links to a different style as the mr2 ones doesn't fit the NCP chasis..

·
Registered
278 Posts
I have the front and rear arms and bump steer correction tie rods. The front arms have roll center adjustment not bump steer, if using the roll center adjustment you definitely want to have bump steer correction tie rods, when I installed my fronts before the tie rods there was massive toe change droop to bump.
The bump steer correction tie rods require drilling the knuckle but they include a drill bit, and I had no problem drilling mine out with the knuckle on the car.

everything is very “beefy” and of good quality and workmanship.

I did have to add a slightly larger bump stop in the rear coil overs due to the trailing arm contacting the inner barrel of my 15x9 +35 wheel before reaching the bump stop

1 - 18 of 18 Posts