MR2 SpyderChat banner

101 - 120 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Guys, I’m trying this - https://youtu.be/znjx88-xSF8

Easy idea step 1: get 3m or loctite window weld, step 2: remove motor mounts, step 3: prep and fill the voids in the motor mount step 4: after it sets up, reinstall
I just saw this video, the dude said it took three weeks for it to dry....
I rather have something with a documented shore rating.

Here is frank's post:
https://www.spyderchat.com/forums/showthread.php?121354-DIY-Urethane-Filled-Mounts

I probably just copied him.
Yes. This looks great. Thanks and thanks to Frank. I’ll try this.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
I just fired it up and made sure the gears are acting right. I’ll be driving it Sunday. Pics and videos to come.

Also it seems like I have a shifter cable getting stuck between r 1-2. It frees up with some negotiating. Any ideas?

·
Registered
438 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Marsrock7 - I’m gonna try this Sunday. What size were those bolts- m10-m12-m14? I’ll pick up some washers.

Here’s the pick on where to put washers from MWR- https://monkeywrenchracing.com/wordpress/tech-mr2-s-2zz-swap/spydertransadjust1/

Let me know if you know the size of those bolts. I want to get washers installed Sunday when I get back into town.
They're M10. Since I was taking the linkage off my trans today anyway I measured my washers, they are 0.075", or 1.9mm thick. That's what worked for me, YMMV.

Where is the best place to get weatherstripping? I have gaps between the windows and the top
This is odd. Is something missing off your car or is the top not quite right? 😕

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
Marsrock7 - I’m gonna try this Sunday. What size were those bolts- m10-m12-m14? I’ll pick up some washers.

Here’s the pick on where to put washers from MWR- https://monkeywrenchracing.com/wordpress/tech-mr2-s-2zz-swap/spydertransadjust1/

Let me know if you know the size of those bolts. I want to get washers installed Sunday when I get back into town.
They're M10. Since I was taking the linkage off my trans today anyway I measured my washers, they are 0.075", or 1.9mm thick. That's what worked for me, YMMV.

Where is the best place to get weatherstripping? I have gaps between the windows and the top
This is odd. Is something missing off your car or is the top not quite right? 😕
I’ll pick up some m10 washers.

The weather stripping near the glass that screws onto the top is flattened. I’ll take some pictures of it when I get back to it.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
Here’s the weatherstripping. It’s like this on both sides.
Anyone have lightly used weatherstripping on their soft top that wants to sell to me?

Or If you have a soft top you aren’t using and you want to sell me your weatherstripping that goes over the side windows PM me.

Attachments

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
I got my car back to where I’m staying and started putting the interior back in. I’m gonna sell the doors to the rear cubby. I think they’ll just cause me problems. PM me if you want both doors.

I kept all the interior hardware threaded into their holes or in a bag. All I have left is the nut on the drivers kick panel and the wind deflector. There’s the knob on the drivers seat also, but it doesn’t want to go on.

I’m picking up new hardware for my painted engine cover today. I ordered all new bulbs for my lights. I ordered an o2 sensor offset wrench to pull off and paint my heat shields. I ordered the dampers and brackets for the rear hood. It’s about to be restored and looking great in a few weeks.

I’ll put devs door bushings on today.

I still need a battery hold down and weather stripping for where the top meets the window.

I’ll be driving it awhile in stock condition to see if there’s any problems.

Attachments

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
There’s black plastic in the bolt holes for the engine cover. Huh. I guess I’ll dig into that later.

·
Registered
22,969 Posts
I would hold off on the door bushings. Drive the car for a good while so when you add them you will know what improvement they made.

·
Registered
22,969 Posts
I forgot to put them on today. I’ll wait
Good to hear. Get a good feel of the car as it is. When you add mods incrementally that’s when you will be able to savor every enjoyable moment.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
My radio doesn’t work. I found that the fuse that says radio 15a is bad. I moved the fuse from the cigarette lighter but it still doesn’t come on. I found a fuse labeled radio 2 7.5a. It’s fine.

Why won’t my radio come on? It’s the original OEM.

·
Registered
25 Posts
A problem that I had that I can solve myself is the headlights. They’re too dim. I ordered new lamps and started getting them from yellow to clear.

This is after wet sanding passenger side only. 400-600-800-1000-1500-2000-2500
What bulbs did you go with and did it help?

I also thought mine were dim, probably because a lot of modern cars have lights that are way too bright.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
A problem that I had that I can solve myself is the headlights. They’re too dim. I ordered new lamps and started getting them from yellow to clear.

This is after wet sanding passenger side only. 400-600-800-1000-1500-2000-2500
What bulbs did you go with and did it help?

I also thought mine were dim, probably because a lot of modern cars have lights that are way too bright.
I bought them on rockauto. Philips 9003XV that ROCKAUTO says is 100% brighter than oem. They were less than $30 I think. I bought all new lights so they should last a while

101 - 120 of 160 Posts
About this Discussion
159 Replies
22 Participants
Mr2salty
MR2 SpyderChat
SpyderChat Forum is a community for Toyota MR2 Spyder Enthusiasts to discuss specs, reliability and more!
Full Forum Listing