MR2 SpyderChat banner

161 - 168 of 168 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #161
I’m still daily driving the spyder with leaky weather stripping, no carpet, and floor plugs removed to take the rain out quickly. No issues other than the weather stripping. I did get a new vent for the transaxle. It’s in.

The alpine head unit I bought is really nice. The seek function and really everything is fast, real fast. Fast enough to ruin using other radios, cell phones and computers.

i did have an issue with not having a battery hold down. My battery somehow pulled the positive terminal away from the battery and tire the wire loose. I fixed it up right and added red tape and a battery disconnect. I used some big zip ties to hold the battery in place.

A friend of mine tried to open the passenger door before I unlocked it and totally broke my passenger door handle. If you have one, PM ME PLEASE. I still need to take off the door panel and see if everything else is ok.

I still need to swap out the rubber front and back mounts for the red poly ones. It should be a good weekend at a buddy’s project.

i pm’d about a set of konis and springs. I’d like to change them and see how I like it.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #162
I was looking at konis today and found a kit with koni sport shocks and koni lowering springs 1.2” and 1.2” drop. Carid sells them and they are 829$.

Has anyone tried the Koni springs?
I was sold on the tanager springs then I saw these.

I’ll probably still wait a little to buy the new suspension but I can see my shock boots are all shot plus our roads have all the pot holes. So it won’t be longer than a year until I have oil coming out.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #163
I’m still daily driving my car. It’s starting to come apart in the cheapest ways.
My inside drivers door pull broke off where it bolts onto the door near the top. A customer of mine pulled the passenger door handle before I unlocked it and ripped the door handle nearly off the car. I’ll have to get a picture of that. It doesn’t function any more and rattles around 4K rpm. So I need to buy different door parts for separate doors.

I’m thinking about trying to tastefully delete the carpet because I can’t get weatherstripping to keep water off the floor. Any ideas for this?

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
... I need to buy different door parts for separate doors.

I’m thinking about trying to tastefully delete the carpet because I can’t get weatherstripping to keep water off the floor. Any ideas for this?
You can probably still get the door handles new from Toyota. I replaced one about a year ago.

Are you sure that the problem is weatherstripping? If you do not actually see the water entering, then it is probably plugged roof drains. That is one of the most common problems with this car.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #167
You can probably still get the door handles new from Toyota. I replaced one about a year ago.

Are you sure that the problem is weatherstripping? If you do not actually see the water entering, then it is probably plugged roof drains. That is one of the most common problems with this car.
Yes. I can see the gaps between the weatherstripping and the windows on both sides

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #168
I’ve put almost 10k on my Spyder in the first year of driving. No long trips yet. I swapped my air filter from o Reilly to a Napa. The Napa has a lot more filter to it. Definitely better.

161 - 168 of 168 Posts