MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still waiting to get the ground effects installed, but looks like it will be springtime now. So found these! Put them on the aftermarket wheel valve stems that I have and I believe the car is now quicker!

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
Still waiting to get the ground effects installed, but looks like it will be springtime now. So found these! Put them on the aftermarket wheel valve stems that I have and I believe the car is now quicker!
Ahhh...
Winter is a slow time for talk about convertables.
I'm not going to respond to this post!
:lol:

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Nice, do they come in blue? Lol! If I get these I won't need my turbo anymore.

·
Registered
7,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think that anytime you take an awesome car and add more awesomeness, for only $3, by default it adds 2 HP!

·
Registered
217 Posts
i have always wondered... anyone ever have issues with these aluminium/metal type valve caps binding to the valve stem? I always figured the standard plastic ones were a better bet as they would never get stuck.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
i have always wondered... anyone ever have issues with these aluminium/metal type valve caps binding to the valve stem? I always figured the standard plastic ones were a better bet as they would never get stuck.
I never have. My ssr's have matching metal valve caps, and they had been on there for around 5 years. My car is garaged when it isn't driven though.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts

Doesn't surprise me. Put some bullet casing ones on my Enkei's and it felt like the car had received a shot of adrenalin when I pulled out of the driveway. Who wuda thought. :eek:

·
Registered
7,661 Posts
I stick with the cheapo plastic valve caps. I don't feel bad if I lose one and are quickly replaced.

I did do a little weight reduction to my car today while it's nestled in the garage. I thoroughly vacuumed and cleaned the interior. I took the seats out as it's amazing how dirty the carpet gets under there.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I've had them seize up. Happened on my old pickup... Was finally able to get 3 of them off... sold the truck with the 4th still on it. Makes sense when I thought about it. Cold temps, brass valve stem, steel valve stem cover, some moisture....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts