MR2 SpyderChat banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
MR-2 ZZW30 2001 RHD
168 Posts
There is an extra connector on the end of your engine wiring loom.
So this car had another ECU wired in parallel.
Edit: SMT wiring loom was kept with the manual swap
God knows what they did to your wiring loom....
Having to fix issues is one thing, having to undo another persons bodges is pain on a completely different level.

I once had a Civic where somebody hacked the engine wiring loom. Best decision ever was to completely ditch that wiring loom and replacing it with an unmodified one. All the issues I had on that particular car came down to the bodges of the previous owner one way or another.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
My wild guess would be that this is the original wiring harness for a car with SMT transmission. The ECU is labeled with M/T, so it was prolly swapped, as this car originally was equipped with SMT.

·
Registered
MR-2 ZZW30 2001 RHD
168 Posts
Oh of course, they kept the SMT wiring loom with the car after swapping it to a manual.
My point still remains though; you do not know if they did a quality job on modifying the harness.
Then I would start with checking all the connections to the throttle body (idle valve, TPS, etc.)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Quick update:
As I already had the IAC valve connector fitted on the harness I managed to convert it to operate the valve. Found the 3 terminals on ECM connector that reach the connector in the engine bay, de-crimped them and connected accordingly to the service manual scheme. Valve now works and error code is gone.
Next on my list: O2 heater circuit error codes.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts