MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dont know if this has been posted yet but saw this over at mr2oc. I can't read what it says but check it out. It looks based off of the FT-86 / FR-S / BRZ

·
Registered
33 Posts
The large characters in the lower left corner say "Supra" (and "midship 4WD", sorry, can't read the kanji); I'd guess they're referring to the artist's rendering of the big red car with the t-top dominating the cover. Just more rumor-mill stuff for the Supra fanboys probably.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts

·
Registered
1,177 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
They modified a spyder for that concept NARCOSIS, that`s why the interior looks familiar. As for the new MR2 they did say there was a convertible FT86 on the way and there was speculation about a supra but this looks like a magazine speculation picture. FT86 is considered mid engine (because the engine is pushed back so far) and I doubt toyota will build a new mid engine MR2 with the engine in the rear. I guess I can dream though!!!

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
They modified a spyder for that concept NARCOSIS, that`s why the interior looks familiar. As for the new MR2 they did say there was a convertible FT86 on the way and there was speculation about a supra but this looks like a magazine speculation picture. FT86 is considered mid engine (because the engine is pushed back so far) and I doubt toyota will build a new mid engine MR2 with the engine in the rear. I guess I can dream though!!!
makes alot of sense, I was wondering why the door handles for even a concept were identical to the stock spyder. Alot of the interior is, with little variation.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts