MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just bought a 2002 Spyder. Want to clean the interior, lotsa cat hair and coffee spillage. I moved the driver's seat to the furthest back position, now I can't move back and forth, struck, ugh. I know there is something struck in the channel of the railing. Stuck a eight inch screwdriver from the front, got some gunk, seat still not sliding. I was thinking of taking the two front seat bolts off and lifting the seat to work on the railing, but was concerned that I might break one of the rear bolts attached to the rear seat railing. The whole thing needs to be steam cleaned cause the previous owner kept the car like a pig stye, but the funny thing is, the car does not smell. Maybe I have a stuffy nose. Help.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I would remove all four bolts and remove the seat. It is not that hard, especially if you have the top down. Don't forget to unplug the electrical harness on the bottom of the seat. You can remove it in 15 minutes. This will also let you clean the carpet well under the seat.

Congrats on the car and welcome to club permagrin:)

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
The seat track by the center tunnel does not bolt to the floor. It bolts to the side of the tunnel. If you pry the seat back it won't shear that bolt-it will just rotate the bolt. (or possibly twist up the aft end of the seat track.)

The track by the door does bolt to the floor. I think you can safely remove the two front bolts and tilt the seat back. I suggest taking the passenger seat out first, to see how everything bolts into the car, and examine how the track slides work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.