MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2001 MR2 Spyder
227 Posts
Welcome to Spyderchat!

If you are feeling 20 years late to the party, here is an unofficial little starter kit I have been putting together:

----------------------------------------------------
Some fun history and facts:
It all started with Spyder Magazine. Still some great articles there for DiY to this day.

Here is a neat 2007 Top Speed Article featuring the design philosophies, specs, and features of the vehicle.

Buyers Guides:
Don't miss Oldman's Buyer's guide in the Library.
Another good Compendium

Parts:
See attached Parts List pdf. Always a great place to start, and I typically buy from these main Toyota OEM direct/wholesalers.

Toyota Direct
Conicelli
Toyota Parts Overstock
Toyota Parts Deal
EB Toyota Parts
Lithia

Maint:
Welcome to the Toyota ZZ family! Generally great little engines. Watch for oil consumption when driven at consistently high RPMs. This is noted in the owners manual.

Power steering system; Toyota doesn't make the fluid recommended anymore. Really smart people at SpyderChat did the oil analysis to determine the best substitute here. I went with the Nissan E-PSF. The reservoir is under the frunk plastic and often neglected.

Don't Forget:
Replace Air Filter, Clean your MAF, Reset your ECU, as it increases HP!

Other Notes:
Toyota added the front spoiler (below) sometime in 2001 as a OEM aero fix to help keep the front more planted and lessen any "wandering" at highway speeds. (part# 76851-17070) It's widely recommended around SC.

Good luck and sweet car!

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts