MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. Bought my car sight unseen. I'm 6foot and was hoping it would be big enough for me. Have not had a chance to drive it as I bought it from Florida and had it shipped to Houston. Turns out it needs some work on the brakes before I can get it inspected and start the title xder process. I have cut down the shifter mounting spacers as it felt like it had too much play and then put some skate bearings I had laying around in the transmission end of the cables. Pretty easy so far. Have not even changed the fluids but plan on getting a hard top and hopefully a 2zz after I do all the suspension and chassy upgrades I an do. Hope to have a great handling car I can take the the track everyonce in a while. Anything that makes the car better I am for. I come from motorcycle racing but hope this will be fun. I think I might want to do a evo type thing where you black out the lower center part of the grill. Hope I can find where to find all the parts I will need to buy over time.

·
Registered
2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Plus I plan on pulling the header to make sure it is gutted before i drive it. More. The motor was swapped with a 2003 junk yard motor from what i can tell.

·
Registered
2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
20201016_155713.jpg

Hopefully I installed the stock rear glass right. Not sure if I used enough sealant. Have the vis hardtop. Left the overhead light on and killed the battery. Hard top is mounted on the side brackets from vis, and stock soft top latches from the junkyard. The very rear is not mounted to anything. Only added the side sills for the windows. Dont plan on doing much rain driving but I also got the side window sills incase I decide to install them.

·
Registered
2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

The wood in the rear is pushing up the top to hopefully meet the glass. It sags in the middle some. The stock glass is not as thick as I thought.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello everyone. Bought my car sight unseen. I'm 6foot and was hoping it would be big enough for me. Have not had a chance to drive it as I bought it from Florida and had it shipped to Houston. Turns out it needs some work on the brakes before I can get it inspected and start the title xder process. I have cut down the shifter mounting spacers as it felt like it had too much play and then put some skate bearings I had laying around in the transmission end of the cables. Pretty easy so far. Have not even changed the fluids but plan on getting a hard top and hopefully a 2zz after I do all the suspension and chassy upgrades I an do. Hope to have a great handling car I can take the the track everyonce in a while. Anything that makes the car better I am for. I come from motorcycle racing but hope this will be fun. I think I might want to do a evo type thing where you black out the lower center part of the grill. Hope I can find where to find all the parts I will need to buy over time.
Contact David Lee I think he's near Houston. He has connections for 2zz's

1 - 12 of 12 Posts