MR2 SpyderChat banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
May I also ask how much the new top was? I'm needing a new top too.Is it canvas or OEM.
I replaced my top, it was $569 on Ebay and quality is excellent... Haartz Stayfast cloth, looks a lot better than the original vinyl IMHO. Then I paid another $600 to get it installed by a pro. Others have installed their own, but I'm not that guy.

I just completed a 5300 mile road trip from Atlanta GA to Lake Elsinore CA and back, trouble-free and only spent $447 in gas. That's about the price of a one-way plane ticket, and I didn't have to rent a car when I got there. I had a blast exploring mountain roads in multiple states along my path.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thank you for the info. Much obliged. I was part of building of the Costco store out there in Elsinore. Temecula is a nice town out there. Happy trails fellow Spyderman. I'm in northern CA. Nice scenery this time of year.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I love the wheels on your car. Are they 16's or 17's. I also love that car in the background. Is that yours?
I‘ll need to check wheel size. I think 17. Yes, the Lotus is mine as well. It’s a one of a kind - only Liquid blue Elise SC imported into the US. 2008 with under 12000 miles.

·
Registered
45 Posts
May I also ask how much the new top was? I'm needing a new top too.Is it canvas or OEM.
I replaced the top probably 5 or six years ago. Did it myself. Never again. Oh, is that a painful job. Since then, the passenger side cable broke. That requires a new top, so I hired a guy. I lived in NJ at the time, I had a John at Ace Tops in Red Bank install the top. $900 or so For a super nice canvas top. Awesome. He also replaced the leather on the seats at a later time. great work.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I've been driving my 2001 MR2 for about 4 1/2 yers and added ~50K miles to it. After my third 1zz which used iqt oil every 300 miles, I had a 2zz swap done and couldn't be happier. It barely uses oil; I change it every 5k miles, 5w-30, pure synthetic. I change it that often considering that want to err on the side of caution when considering the quality of life of an oil filter after 5k miles, but I imagine others would disagree with me.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts