MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've never done a project/build thread before, so why not start now. Already added a few things to the car and have a long list to go. I'll be building this car mostly for street but tough enough for the track. Unlike my old car that was mostly a track car.

I bought the car towards the end of last year and just started modding it this year. This car will be a fun little project;

C-ONE drop-in filter (bought it for the rareness and wanted something better than oem filters)

Lotus Elise Seats (amazing seats, if you're looking for something with more grip, light, and to daily use)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Swift Lowering Springs (night and day difference to stocks. drop is subtle but suspension performance is amazing! body roll reduced. highly recommended for those that are performance oriented!)

TRD Short Shifter (solid engagement and quicker shifts. easy to install. transmission feels sporty)

Beatrush 45mm White Shift Knob (been in Florida I wanted something that wouldn't get as hot but still had good grip. plus it looks pretty.)

Hardtop in flat black (chassis is so much stiffer now, reduced wind noise, and better visibility. love it!!)

·
Registered
782 Posts
First time I see somebody put elise seats in, how do you like them? How heavy are they, the stock ones are pretty heavy.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
First time I see somebody put elise seats in, how do you like them? How heavy are they, the stock ones are pretty heavy.
I love these seats!!

They're pretty much an FRP shell with some padding, not very cushiony but comfortable enough for daily driving. These are the lightest seats I could find for daily use. My goal is to drop as much weight as possible without sacrificing comfort.

They weight 13lbs each. The stock ones were like 35-40lbs each. Had to fabricate my own aluminum brackets though.

·
Registered
522 Posts
The TRD shifter is fantastic. It's nice and crisp without being overly notchy. I had one in my last Spyder and will probably end up getting another for my current one. Congrats on all the new goodies for yours!

·
Registered
593 Posts
I'm in the market for new seats. I like these. Did you make custom rails it did you scavenge the oem?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm in the market for new seats. I like these. Did you make custom rails it did you scavenge the oem?
I used Sparco base for MR2 & there standard Rails. Then I just had the brackets made that bolts to these seats and I attached it to the sliding rails.

You can also find the Lotus Elise seat brackets and modify these to mount on your Spyder rails.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The TRD shifter is fantastic. It's nice and crisp without being overly notchy. I had one in my last Spyder and will probably end up getting another for my current one. Congrats on all the new goodies for yours!
Thank you!! I love this short shifter.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Does the short trd shifter give a cleaner smoother shift then stock? Where did you get the complete set kit. thanks

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Does the short trd shifter give a cleaner smoother shift then stock? Where did you get the complete set kit. thanks
Yeah it does and it's more sturdy. It gives that sports car feeling, very similar to my old STI. Highly recommended.

I import it through Kami Speed.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Kics License Plate Holder Locks:

Now no one will steal my swift license plate frame Again!! Pissed me off......seriously who steals this stuff??

Anyone had this happen to them?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Kics License Plate Holder Locks:

Now no one will steal my swift license plate frame Again!! Pissed me off......seriously who steals this stuff??

Anyone had this happen to them?
yeah someone stole my mums plates. dad got new ones then put liquid nails on the grooves of the screws holding in the new ones lol. i think they steal it to go joyriding with, incase a camera catches them they wont get fined

·
Registered
9,829 Posts
Nice to see someone that has good taste in seat and performance. Elise seats were my original plan but then got lazy in trying to buy a set on lotustalk. :lol: I went with Bride replicas. I've recently got to sit in an elise for a bit and boy is the padding thinner than I expected but it did hold me in pretty good.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah someone stole my mums plates. dad got new ones then put liquid nails on the grooves of the screws holding in the new ones lol. i think they steal it to go joyriding with, incase a camera catches them they wont get fined
Wow I guess it's more common than I thought.

·
Registered
30 Posts
TRD shifter - where to buy?

Where is a good place to buy the TRD short shifter?
How much are they? ($332 at Carson Toyota - that's Too Much $$$ )

Does the TRD for 2000-2005 Celica also fit the 2001 Spyder?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts