MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got this rear tower brace on Ebay for $75.99, (plus tax for those in Texas). It came from Top Speed Pro-1 Performance in Addison, Texas. http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230723279841

Here's a couple of photos of it installed. I thought for the price I would try it out.

They accidentally sent the wrong brace the first time but once notified they sent the correct one with a pre-paid shipping label to return the first brace the same day.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Good rule of thumb...anything that color blue is made by Che.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Look very much like my old Cusco brace!

·
Registered
782 Posts
You must have painted that exhaust manifold heat shield, very clean and looks good!!!

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Look very much like my old Cusco brace!
It was advertised as "Cusco Blue" end pieces. I think that means the color not the maker.
You must have painted that exhaust manifold heat shield, very clean and looks good!!!
It is repainted with a 1200 F high temp aluminum paint called Bright Beauty.

·
Registered
947 Posts
It was advertised as "Cusco Blue" end pieces. I think that means the color not the maker.
Cusco is one of Japan's well known manufacturers in suspension products. The item you bought is not an authentic part.

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
I just installed the FSTB on my spyder last night. Not sure I can tell much of a change but I think the front is a bit tighter, it is the forth and last brace for the car.

Very clean, what is your impression on the difference?

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just installed the FSTB on my spyder last night. Not sure I can tell much of a change but I think the front is a bit tighter, it is the forth and last brace for the car.

Very clean, what is your impression on the difference?
It feels tighter with less flex in the back but now the front of the car creaks a little on turns. I guess front bracing is next. That and a breastplate.

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
It looks really nice and take no offense but the rear tower brace is a pointless mod other than it looking nice,it dose nothing on our cars IMO.I have the same one and can't feel any difference with or without it.It also gets in the way when working on the car.I consider it a appearance mod.I noticed a difference with every other piece of bracing I installed though.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Anybody that has this bar can you take a measurement for me? I need the width of the bar on the driver side where it attaches to the mount. I've got a different driver side mount which is also the mount point for an engine stabilizer. Trying to determine if this bar will fit in my mount.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I get the same, 1.5 inches, or approx 38cm. By the way, your photo is upside down.

·
Registered
466 Posts
It looks really nice and take no offense but the rear tower brace is a pointless mod other than it looking nice,it dose nothing on our cars IMO.I have the same one and can't feel any difference with or without it.It also gets in the way when working on the car.I consider it a appearance mod.I noticed a difference with every other piece of bracing I installed though.
How much of a difference with the front tower brace? Thanks,

·
Registered
3,643 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
How much of a difference with the front tower brace? Thanks,
I found the FSTB made a noticeable difference in cornering, the car feels more stable and precise. I installed the TRD one. The most noticeable brace is still the breast plate.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
I get the same, 1.5 inches, or approx 38cm. By the way, your photo is upside down.
Thanks. My mount is 2-inches. Looks like I have to come up with something different.

·
Premium Member
1,823 Posts
I found the FSTB made a noticeable difference in cornering, the car feels more stable and precise. I installed the TRD one. The most noticeable brace is still the breast plate.
do all the bars cover the brake master like that? does that mean you have to remove the bar to access?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts