MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's going on guys! ^_^

I've been lurking in the dark shadows of spyderchat for a few months now, vicariously living out the thrills and spills of MR2 Spyder ownership through all of the informative and entertaining musings, stories and anecdotes that you guys post up. Well, now I can proudly announce that I too am an ecstatic spyder owner as of 6/23/12!

My newly acquired obsession is a '02 Solar Yellow spyder with just 50,000 miles on the odo. The previous owner must have been at least as fastidious and anal about maintenance as I am because every aspect of the car is seriously mint. The only mod that I've done thus far is gut the pre-cats (which were thankfully entirely intact) but I'm seriously in love with this ride! I used to own a heavily modded '94 Miata, '91 turbo-swapped MR2 coupe, and a '00 supercharged Miata so I thought that I knew what constituted a lithe, nimble and spartan sports car but my '02 spyder is in an entirely different league..from the communicative and immediacy of the steering to the eagerness of the throttle response- I could totally see why true auto enthusiasts have called this thing the poor man's Elise (or Boxster, as the very least :p)

I'll post up more pics and musings regarding how the spyder compares to my previous rides later, but here's a shot that my gf took the day that I took her home:

Glad to finally be a part of this awesome community! :)

·
Registered
731 Posts
Welcome to the site and hope to be able to meet you some day. I am in Corona. Where are you located?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the warm welcomes guys! :peace: I look forward to chatting with everyone in the near future. And while I have you fine folks, my spyder makes a weird creaking sound from the front suspension bits whenever I turn the steering wheel almost to the point of its locking. Strangely, I noticed that another MR2 spyder that I test drove in the past had the exact same issue.

My question to ye Spyder faithful is this- what could be causing this sound? Ball joints in need of lubrication? Is this a common issue with our cars?

Welcome to the site and hope to be able to meet you some day. I am in Corona. Where are you located?
Hey Dr. Spyder- I live in Hacienda Heights but commute to Chino for my job so we're not that far away, in a sense :) Any solid driving roads out there in Corona that I should hit up?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Welcome~ we both have the best color:lol: I live in Chino but travel to City of Industry for work... should have seen you one of these days....

·
Registered
731 Posts
Hey Dr. Spyder- I live in Hacienda Heights but commute to Chino for my job so we're not that far away, in a sense :) Any solid driving roads out there in Corona that I should hit up?
I'll shoot you a message with some places this coming weekend (busy week), but there are some great drives via South Corona/Lake Elsinore that I would be happy to share with you. I was actually planning to take one when I get back in the country in about a month. http://spyderchat.com/forums/showth...rnia-Ruby-s-Shake-Shack-Drive-mid-late-August

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.