MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently bought an 01 Absolutely Red MK3 and would just like to introduce myself. Original owner, just over 74K miles and I could not be happier as the car is in solid condition.

I've had the MR2 on my mind since middle school when I first saw the Spyder in a Toyota showroom when my parents were looking for minivans. After years of saving and debating between the MK2 and MK3, this is the realization of that dream.

But, the little roadster is still an 11 year old dream and there's a bit of a metallic rattle anytime you start hitting the 2500-4000 rpm range on the throttle. Gonna check the heatshield first and also need to clear out the pre-cats.

Otherwise, it's fantastic. I'm in the Los Angeles area and I could not be happier to be an MK3 owner. I'm always down to meetup, cruise, and talk midship so just let me know!

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
You have the fastest color! treat that beauty properly :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
welcome! im in Orange county too! u should come to the MR2 meet this tuesday in irvine. ill be there.
btw, if the previous ownere hasnt gutted the headers yet, i would really consider doing it!

http://www.mr2oc.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=442174 heres the thread to the Irvine meet this tuesday if you are interested
thanks! sorry I can't see the event info. I've registered for MR2OC, but my account still hasn't been made active even after like a month...

·
Registered
8,707 Posts
to my best knowledge that should still be the stock antenna? nothing on the car has been modified
The stock antenna is a long wire whip RC toy looking thing that most people replace anyway.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Irvine Meetup

I can't sign up for MR2OC in time and I have the day off tomorrow, I live in SD! I'm interested in joining the meet-up! Can someone please text me the details (760)533-3670, my name is Garrett. Thanks!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Direct copy from MR2OC...they have over 15 already btw
------------------------------------------------------------

MR2uesday @ The Chippy! 03/13/12 @ 7PM (SIGN UP)
Alright Ladies and Gents, I'm sure you know the drill. Also note the 7PM start time.

Lou at The Chippy Fish & Chips is opening his restaurant for MR2uesday IF WE GET AT LEAST 15 SIGNATURES. Sign up and let's make this event happen!

The Chippy Fish & Chips
2222 Michelson Drive, Suite 216
Irvine, CA 92612
7PM
www.thechippyfishnchips.com

Caffeine Cruise:

Class 302 Cafe
18090 Culver Drive
Irvine, CA, 92612
~9:15PM
http://www.class302.com/

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
Absolutely great Toyota

I have put about 2k on my 2001 and what a great package! Enjoy!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts