MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!

This is my 2003 MR2 Spyder that I have been building for the past 2 years.
It is 2zz swapped and a load of fun! I recently purchased a 2001 for super cheap and Im going to 2zz swap the 2001 and k24a2 swap the Orange car.

Currently getting all the parts to go k24, I have the motor, rsx type s trans, os giken lsd, wiring harness, a/c module, bracket, adaptor harness, arp bolts and looking
to get motor mounts and ecu next. Any input, tips, and tricks for the k-series is welcome!

Hope you have a great rest of your day!

Thank you,
TravisW

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Sky

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey everyone!

It is 2zz swapped and a load of fun! I recently purchased a 2001 for super cheap and Im going to 2zz swap the 2001 and k24a2 swap the Orange car.

Currently getting all the parts to go k24, I have the motor, rsx type s trans, os giken lsd, wiring harness, a/c module, bracket, adaptor harness, arp bolts and looking
to get motor mounts and ecu next. Any input, tips, and tricks for the k-series is welcome!

Thank you,
TravisW

View attachment 90540
LOOKS DOPE and WELCOME ABOARD!!!This is my 2003 from a while back.I have since "AESTHETICALLY" beautified and weight reduced her. Will post it soon!
Car Vehicle Land vehicle Wheel Tire

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hey everyone!

Thank you,
TravisW

View attachment 90540
I love the TRD body kit on these cars. I think what would really clean up your car is a fresh set of headlights 👀

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I love the TRD body kit on these cars. I think what would really clean up your car is a fresh set of headlights 👀
Thank you!

I 100% agree. Im trying to find new lenses that I can bake on.
Almost $600 for new factory headlights hurts and that's at a deal. I think before the Toyota deal was going they were almost 700-800 for the pair.

·
Registered
2001 2zz 6spd
151 Posts
Hey everyone!

Thank you,
TravisW

View attachment 90540
This looks so cool! Love the orange too, is it a wrap?

·
Registered
207 Posts
The swap is pretty straight forward but there may be a few odds and ends that would take a little research to figure out...how to wire in the oem charge harness, fuse tap to add circuit...make sure you use a k24 base map, jack up the rear of the car as high as possible (lift front of car slightly so bumper doesn't kiss the ground) to bleed coolant system. I initially tried k20 and couldn't rev past 2000rpm.

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
Welcome aboard, Travis. So, you're "with" VR? We've emailed about the BV suspension...hmmmmm :unsure::)

Reactions: TravisW/VividRacing

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The swap is pretty straight forward but there may be a few odds and ends that would take a little research to figure out...how to wire in the oem charge harness, fuse tap to add circuit...make sure you use a k24 base map, jack up the rear of the car as high as possible (lift front of car slightly so bumper doesn't kiss the ground) to bleed coolant system. I initially tried k20 and couldn't rev past 2000rpm.
Are you on instagram? I found your Youtube page and love your videos!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts