MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Wow! I've always been a fan of the X1/9, and that noise... I approve.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
I approve as well. I also wanted one when I was younger as well.

·
Spyderchat Enthusiast
2,861 Posts
Same here. I can remember reading about the racing X-1/9 when I was in the service in Japan in the early 70s. They were getting like 12,000 RPM out of those motors. Even then I had a fascination with small bore high RPM engines. Regrettably, I came home and bought a '73 455 Firebird Formula.

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
That was awesome! Reminded of a small RC car that had the small swivel wheels underneath.

·
Registered
371 Posts
LOL, love it. Had several Fiat 128's which had the same engine. Prone to breaking the cam belt and bending valves. Last one I decided to balance and build the engine. Weber's, re-curved the advance on the distributor and an Abarth header. Easy 10K shifts all day long. What a little screamer.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Those cars were so cool to me when I was a teen and became "car-gnizant" in the 80's. I wanted a tan one so bad I would think about it almost as much as sex....OK, maybe 1/100th that much....which is still a huge amount of time.:huh:

They look so much like Gen I dueces! I got a showroom 1986 MR2 with sunroof and was very pleased, BUT always wished it had the targa-top like the Fiat.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts